Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Polish Hill mail story...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091202/ap_on_en_ot/us_postal_puzzle

Interesting, but I can see how people were creeped out. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Search & Win
My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!

Re: Polish Hill mail story...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "but moved to Pittsburgh in September with her husband after getting a "vision where I saw the word Pittsburgh written in yellow block fancy letters,""

Pssst...Your husband had Sportscenter on and they were showing Steelers highlights!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, I thought that was so funny too, Jamie! 

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember seeing something about this on the news yesterday. I bet there were some grumpy people walking around not happy because they didn't get a letter. Funny story.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_polish-hill-mail-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:94a73652-e7ac-4241-be7e-998cbb28dc8dPost:be18ce3e-fc32-46ee-9aee-433110eb316d">Re: Polish Hill mail story...</a>:
    [QUOTE]"but moved to Pittsburgh in September with her husband after getting a "vision where I saw the word Pittsburgh written in yellow block fancy letters,"" Pssst...Your husband had Sportscenter on and they were showing Steelers highlights!
    Posted by daveys_baby[/QUOTE]

Haha! It is strange, but cool. I think they should have not written some of the things they did in certain letters, such as the one the elderly woman received whose husband died, and the one that implied the writers were going to visit. Use some common sense people!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about you KR, but I wish I could just move places b/c I had a "vision" lol.
    I bet some of the letters had weird messages, and that would freak me out a bit too.  I do think that the art or pottery they sent is really a cool idea though.
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim- they may not have known that he had passed away. I think they may have just found addresses of people, and who knows how long they had the addresses before they sent the letters, may have been an honest mistake.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't think they knew that he had passed away. 

You can see the letters here:
    http://mysteriousletters.blogspot.com/

Search & Win
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is so cool.  I wish I got a letter!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I must not be very artsy, because all I can think is what a total waste of time and money! They did this 10 hours per day for 2 weeks...do they not have jobs? How do they support themselves? I am in favor of the arts, but wouldn't a better use of their time be to volunteer at a local art center, teach an art class for kids, paint a mural in the city, etc?

I guess I just don't "get" it.

P.S. Davey's, KimWard, and I all love the same Christmas movie. It is actually my all-time favorite movie! Have you guys seen the color version? Do you think it is worth the extra money for me to go out and buy it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, just checking back on this post...I know they didn't know her husband was dead. It's just that I think they should write more generic stuff, nothing personal that could end up being offensive (such as in this case.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards