Honeymoon Discussions

HELP...need good travel agent in NJ to book quick 10 night to Hawaii?? Can we do for under $8,000?

Hi girls, Can anyone suggest their travel agent (maybe in PM) in NJ who gave a great price to Hawaii? We are looking to visit, Maui, Kauai and Oahu for around 10 nights? I am confused as to where to start but left this part of the wedding to the last minute and would like to go in middle of July? can we do this for under $8,000? some people say yes and other quotes are over that price? Thanks, Danielle Danilynn72@ aol.com

Re: HELP...need good travel agent in NJ to book quick 10 night to Hawaii?? Can we do for under $8,000?

• Waiting until the last minute to book a Hawaiian vacation in July was not the best idea at all. Airfare is probably sold out or very highly priced and the very popular hotels are probably close to sold out as well. If you still have your heart set on Hawaii, I would compromise and stick to two islands or only one and for less time because of the high last minute booking costs. I think since you waited so long, you will have to give up some of what you originally wanted, but you'll still find something.

• It's definitely doable, but you are going to have to compromise a lot. 10 days isn't enough for all three islands, I would choose 2. Maui is the most expensive, your money will go farther on Kauai. By doing only two islands you will save $300-500 not doing the extra flight.

We booked out Hawaiian HM through an AAA agent. I don't think it saved us a whole lot of money, it was just easier for her to figure out the airfare/hotel/rental car packages and be done with it.
  • Which islands did you choose and how long did you stay?
  • I've been to Hawai a few times. I personally like Kauai the best. It's laid back, lush, and  perfect blend of activities and relaxation without as many people. You can also do day trips (via interisland air) to Oahu to see Pearl Harbor if that is really why you wanted to check out Oahu. If I were you, I'd do all my time on Kauai or do a Kauai Oahu combo if you really want to see two islands. You may have to shorten your trip as well to fit within budget.

Check out gohawaii.com for info on the islands and to search for a hawaii travel agent (link toward the bottom of the page in the center section)

• Forgot to answer how long- I've been as long as two weeks and as short as 4 nights since I travel from the west coast. I think 7-8 nights on Kauai is great!

• We went to Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island, one week on each. The Big Island was my favorite, Kauai a close second. I didn't like Maui at all. Kauai is more relaxed, and I think more romantic than the other islands. The Big Island just has so many unique places to see, and it's a bit more adventurous, so I enjoyed it more. Personally I think Maui is really overrated, it's so much more expensive, and I think it just feels more touristy than the other islands.
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    Yes. Call Carmen at All About Honeymoons. She booked our honeymoon for us, and rebooked it twice when hurricanes postponed it. Here is her Facebook page. Several of us on the NJ board have worked with her. Good luck. https://www.facebook.com/honeymoonagent
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

Would you consider a cruise?  That includes your food.

Frankly depending on what you have planned, it seems like it will be tight for $8,000, if that included spending money excursions etc once you get there.

I would DIY & try to use Priceline to get better deals on the hotels.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards