Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Odd Thank You Conundrum

Long story short, I received two presents at my shower delivered via others from folks invited to the wedding but NOT invited to the shower. I'm not sure whether I should treat these as their wedding gifts (thank you from both FI and me) or as shower gifts. What do you think?

Re: Odd Thank You Conundrum

• Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In this case I don't think it would hurt to sign both your name and your fiance's name.
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I would just sign both names--no harm in doing that. Even though traditionally, a shower is for the bride, grooms benefit from those gifts too since they are usually off the registry. It wouldn't be weird to include him on the thank you.

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    Treat it as a wedding gift and write a thank you note from you and your FI. If they give you another gift at the wedding, treat it as a wedding gift and write a thank you note from you and your FI.

Honestly, my FI signed the thank you notes I wrote for my shower - he's going to use the stuff too. Just because it was a women's only shower doesn't mean the gifts were only for me. That's just my $0.02 on that, though.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    It doesn't matter too much. For every gift we received, I signed the ones I wrote and he signed the ones he wrote.
  • Options
    Thank you all! For all the etiquette "rules," interesting to know there's some flexibility here (other than, always send a thank you, of course).
  • Options
    I would sign both names even on shower gifts. The gifts are for both of you, unless it's lingerie or something.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I would sign both names even on shower gifts. The gifts are for both of you, unless it's lingerie or something.

Heck, especially if it's lingerie! :)
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    It doesn't matter if they are shower or wedding gifts. If you wrote it, you sign it. Be sure to mention him, as in, "mrclassyashley and I can't wait to use the blender".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards