Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Venue help!!!!

So lets see here.... im planning on getting married in august of 2011 and i have been getting really frustrated with finding the right spot. I was actually wondering where is a good place to get married in Pittsburgh PA or around. I really want an outdoor wedding and i just cant find anything that really works. If anyone has a good idea that would be great to post it here. I realy wanted like something in a garden outside but i doubt that would work around here.
8/13/11

Re: Venue help!!!!

• Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI there!

Welcome to the board!  If you have more info that you can share about what you are looking for in terms of cost, # of people, etc., that might help us give you suggestions - there are tons of great options in and around the city.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok so its going to be about 100 people. in terms of cost probably around 10 grand. i want it to be a nice relaxed atmosphere with flowers, lighted balls that hang down and a buffet style reception. I wanted the Ceremony and reception to take place outside but im fine with just just the ceremony. I want them both to take place on the same grounds. I hope this helps people. I really dont even know where to start. I think things like armstrong farms though if that helps. I going to go there and check it out this coming week! Also im not looking for a church to get married in, im more into the outdoor garden nature wedding, and i was also thinking about like a barn for the reception, not like a gross smelly one but ones that they host weddings in. hope this helps people help me.
    8/13/11
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Hilton Garden Inn in Southpointe (down by Canonsburg)?

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=PITSPGI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont really no, i dont really want a ball room. Im very difficult sadly haha
    8/13/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Phipp's Conservatory ro the Aviary?  I would think they would both be able to accommdate outdoor weddings and are both beautiful, unique places.  You might also try the zoo/aquarium.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never thought about the aviary, ill look into it and as for the Phipp's Conservatory i have been thinking about checking that out too. Do you know about any other garden or botanical places around pittburgh?
    8/13/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Schenley Park Visitor's Center, it is across from Phipps and can accomodate your 10k budget. It over looks the scenic Panther Hollow. We looked at the venue and met with Bart (one of the event coordinators). It is BYOB, too which can save you some money. The phone number to the Visitor Center is 412-687-1800 and the email is spvc@nauticom.net. They have a tented venue space and an outdoor area.
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lingrow farms?

mayernick center?
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hilton has an outside garden.
    I've seen photos of weddings out there and they were very beautiful.
  • Options
    nicki426nicki426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was looking for the same thing for my wedding this summer and we chose Avonworth Community Park (Mayernick Center). We are doing the ceremony outside there is also a large pavilion you can do the reception in for that number of people and they have the beams to hang the lighted balls and such. But we are doing the reception inside the wooden lodge, the stone fireplace is beautiful.

I agree it is kinda hard to find a rustic, laid back, nature type of place to do both ceremony and reception at. Good Luck!

http://www.weddingwire.com/kevinnicki Wedding Countdown Ticker image 108 Invited! image 85 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out image 05 Are MIA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a girl had her wedding at a place that you are exactly describing, i just can't recall if it was lingrow farms or another venue. they got married outside and had their reception inside (and around) the barn. it was beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the barn ideas! i checked out Betsy's Barn out at Chessman Farm and the only thing wrong with that was the ceremony area would not fit 100 guests. I want them all to be seated and you could only fit like 20 in the gazebo. But i loved the inside of the barn. Thats Avonworth Community Park looks great too. i wonder if there are any more farm areas like lingrow farms and such around here
    8/13/11
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hartwood Acres north of the city might be able to accommodate that, although I'm not sure of their cost.  They have beautiful grounds.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Springwood Conference Center, I was just there this weekend.  Very nice outdoor ceremony area and indoor/outdoor reception area.

http://www.springwood.org/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late to the post, but my BM is getting married at Armstrong Farms.  They have an outdoor space and barn for the reception.

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey duqcheer04
    your not to late at all, im actually going to check out armstrong farms on thursday. i wanted to see more photos of the actual weddings they have there. i hope it works out. I also wanted to know if anyone is doing or went to a wedding at the National aviary, there rentals look really cheap and i wanted to know how there weddings turns out
    8/13/11
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Puppies- you can page Nunu&Eddie for more information about the Aviary.  She had her beautiful wedding there this past year and is a great resource!

(To "page" someone, create a new post on the board with their screen name as the title.)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think i paged her write. Im not really sure how that works though. Anywho
    8/13/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards