Chit Chat
Options

Hoboken - Or other Hedgehog Owners

@HobokenBride 2012 - have your hedgies ever hibernated.  Winston is going for number 2 ad he's not responding well to the heating pad.  Any suggestions??  No emergency vets here who know anything about hedgies

Re: Hoboken - Or other Hedgehog Owners

• Options
    Paging @LivLeighton - I know she owns a hedgie.
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Oh no! My boys have never hibernated so I do t have any real experience. Try the hedgehog forum. They have all types of experience and advice.I hope you can get him to his regular vet and that he feels better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Thanks ladies.  I posted here cos the hedgehog forum still has me on moderated posting (needs to be approved by a moderator - up to 72 hours before being visible).  

Liv - He gets enough light.  Right now the sun is up from about 5:15 - 11ish, so his light isn't on, but I know light is fine.  I'm not sure why he's too cold, as we bought a new space heater for his room and it was 25 degrees in there last night.  He finally came around last night with the heating pad, and I'm about to check on him again this morning.  He also has a vet, but the emergency vets in the city don't see exotics.  Cats and dogs only.  The one vet tech on the phone last night said that if I feel his hibernation is life threatening, to bring him anyway, so she really had no idea as to what I was talking about.  

Hoboken - thanks, I just knew you had hedgies and thought you might have had some experience.  

Much appreciated for your time ladies.  Thanks again

ETA - spelling

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards