Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Help! Rustic Wedding?

I want to get hand painted toasting glasses for my cousin for her wedding, and the Color of the bride maids dresses are Lapis, wisteria, and victorian lilac.  The theme is a Rustic wedding theme, and my aunt suggested googling to get ideas. I am baffled at how various purples fit in to the pics that I am finding, so maybe someone can explain to me what rustic would be? And any ideas of what to get painted on the glasses? I don't want to go with just a monogram, but I may end up doing that...

Suggestions? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help! Rustic Wedding?

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a short, cute quote? their wedding date? mr/mrs?

as for the color scheme being rustic, i don't see it either. but i'm sure it works somehow! i love DB's wisteria color!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, not sure on how that fits. Does she have other colors too? When I think rustic, I think greens, golden yellows, and browns, but purple could be in the color scheme I suppose.

Ok, I just googled "purple rustic wedding" and here are some of the inspiration boards that came up:

I would get some sort of purple flower painted on it, maybe in a basket or some other similiarly rustic design. HTH a little!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the flower idea.  I'm picturing a thin vine with little flowers along it.  Keeping the flowers looking like wildflowers instead of formal roses or something would help with the rustic theme!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Thank you everyone. I now have a decent idea of what to get, now just to pass it on to my aunt-in-law (is that a term?)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards