Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

invitations? Suggestions

Where did you get your invitations??
Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks ladies :)

Re: invitations? Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got my invitations at Michael's.  They are from BRIDE magazine and were simple but very pretty.  I am then going to have them printed at Staples when it's time.  If you are looking for reasonably priced ones, I'd check either Michael's or Jo Ann Fabrics (the one in the NOrth Hills is HUGE and has a large selection)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DIY mine.  I did pocketfolds with 5 inserts and buying them would have cost a fortune so bought all the paper/pocketfolds/envelopes from paperandmore.com and designed them myself, printed them myself.  They turned out lovely and saved a bunch of money. 

Google "wedding invitation", try Etsy for something more custom, there are some local places too, I am sure google or the knot will guide you in the right direction.

image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got mine on Etsy. Loved them and they were very affordable. Here is the seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Whimsicalprints
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sunlover07sunlover07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I appreciate your help :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I DIYed my pocketfold invites also - PIB.

I ordered samples from American Wedding and Invitations by Dawn, but didn't like the paper quality on the ones that I picked.  I also bought really inexpensive print your own ones at Walmart before I decided I wanted pocketfolds.  Check the clearance aisle at Walmart, Target, etc...the ones we bought were $5/pack!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oohhh good question, I am currently searching for our invitations too!

These are some of my current favorite stationery companies that I'm considering:

http://www.bellafigura.com/letterpress-wedding-invitations.html

http://www.papercupdesign.com/index.html

http://peculiarpairpress.com/category/wedding/

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Made my own using supplies from Cards and Pockets, my computer, and CFL Printing downtown.

They were dirt cheap.

HTH!
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    used lauren at noteworthy. her pockets are pricey, but she has a budget friendly line that we liked alot, which was just a single matted rectangle invite with a postcard response card. we especially liked that the invites only cost $0.44 to send, and the postcards only needed a $0.28 stamp. we loved lauren, she did our STD's also and knew she was our style. but then again, we didn't want to do pockets, so we were already looking for something that was a bit out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought one box @ Target from their Club Wedd line to check the quality. I ended up liking them and then found 3 more boxes on Ebay. The ones I bought only come w/ the invite, rsvp card, and envelopes. Using Ebay, I ended up spending $22 total for 200 invites.

With all the money I saved, I'm making my own pocketfolds to dress them up and bought extra cardstock for the inserts.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards