Wedding Party

I have a male bridesmaid walking with a groomsman. Should they carry anything?

So this is my line up (first out---till I walk):

*Male B.M. + Male G.M. (carrying???)

Female B.M. + Male G.M. (girl is walking in arm; looped through his & carrying basket of flowers--tossing them, flower girl style)

*Female M.O.H. + Male Best Man (girl is walking in; looped through his & carrying the rings---but how should they do it???)

Line ups with an (*) in front of them need some tweaking, can you all help me out please???

Thank You!!!!

---Amanda

Answers

• He's your attendant, not your bridesmaid, just to be clear. ;-)

It's up to you whether they should carry anything,. I really don't see a need for it, but then, I don't see a need for bridesmaids to carry anything either. You can ask how they feel about it, but if you don't have anything in mind, what's the point?

I'm not really sure what you mean about how the MOH and BM should walk in. If they're walking in arm-in-arm, they should both fit. Are you saying that they are both carrying rings? I think that's a bit much, but if you really want them to both do it, they could each carry a small pillow or he could carry it in his pocket, and she could carry a pillow.
  • He doesn't need to carry anything.  I guess if you are really uncomfortable you can ask him if he wants to, but only if you feel like getting a blank look that day.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• So this is my line up (first out---till I walk):

*Male B.M. + Male G.M. (carrying???)

Female B.M. + Male G.M. (girl is walking in arm; looped through his & carrying basket of flowers--tossing them, flower girl style)

*Female M.O.H. + Male Best Man (girl is walking in; looped through his & carrying the rings---but how should they do it???)

Line ups with an (*) in front of them need some tweaking, can you all help me out please???

Thank You!!!!

---Amanda

Holy over-thinking, Batman!

They don't need to be carrying anything lol. They can just be walking.

Also, I think the term is Bridesman, no?
  • mlg78 said:
    You're seriously over thinking this.  The girl carrying the rings does just that -- carries the rings.  And if I were the female bridesmaid I'd tell you to get a grip if you told me, an adult woman, to throw flower petals flower-girl style.  That's just ridiculous...  And your male bridesmaid does not need to carry anything...that's silly as well.
    Haha YES!  I agree...
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK

Anniversary

• lol, I'm not a bridezilla. she asked if she could, and I said sure :)

• Ok, just to clarify:

My male bridesmaid asked me this, and I didn't know. No one in my family has ever had a church wedding, always a court one. My fiance is in the same boat.

The bridesmaid offered to throw flowers since I don't have a flower-girl or ring bearer; she said its tradition to have flowers thrown, so I said "sure, why not?"

I'm a laid-back bride-to-be, and my bridal party is mde up of people who are offering to help any way they can (shout out to them, they've been major help!).

Thank you guys for the replies; I just think you've gotten the wrong idea about the situation.

I was simply curious :D

• Ok, just to clarify:

My male bridesmaid asked me this, and I didn't know. No one in my family has ever had a church wedding, always a court one. My fiance is in the same boat.

The bridesmaid offered to throw flowers since I don't have a flower-girl or ring bearer; she said its tradition to have flowers thrown, so I said "sure, why not?"

I'm a laid-back bride-to-be, and my bridal party is mde up of people who are offering to help any way they can (shout out to them, they've been major help!).

Thank you guys for the replies; I just think you've gotten the wrong idea about the situation.

I was simply curious :D

• I would definitely tell the bridesmaid that you thought about it and you'd rather her just carry a bouquet of flowers (or something along those lines) instead of throwing flower petals.
    If you want flower petals laid out, you can have them laid out beforehand and guests can just walk to their seats from the outside. Does that make sense? I hope I explained that well lol.

You can tell your bridesman that he doesn't need to carry anything. If he is hellbent on carrying something, perhaps he can carry a copy of your vows? Or the Bible you'll be using or... I dunno. I'm outta ideas. I'm sure someone else has better ones lol.
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK

Anniversary

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    In all seriousness, would probably point and laugh at a grown woman who was throwing flower petals on the floor of a church...
  • Yeah I agree with Pele.

I've been to tons of weddings with no flower girl/ring bearer. I've never thought anything about it. I would think something about a grown woman acting like a

Even our 6 year old flower girl won't be throwing petals. She wanted a mini bouquet ("like the bride's"!) Done.
  • I think this is one of those ideas that sounds fun to the two of you in theory but will be side-eyed by others in actual practice. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Blue_Bird said:

He's your attendant, not your bridesmaid, just to be clear. ;-)

It's up to you whether they should carry anything,. I really don't see a need for it, but then, I don't see a need for bridesmaids to carry anything either. You can ask how they feel about it, but if you don't have anything in mind, what's the point?

I'm not really sure what you mean about how the MOH and BM should walk in. If they're walking in arm-in-arm, they should both fit. Are you saying that they are both carrying rings? I think that's a bit much, but if you really want them to both do it, they could each carry a small pillow or he could carry it in his pocket, and she could carry a pillow.

I don't understand the first sentence of this. How is an "attendant" different from any other name for a male standing on the bride's side? Mine were bridesmen.
    They are all attendants- bridesmaids, groomsmen, Bridesmen, but a man isn't a "bridesmaid".
  • scribe95 said:
    Also, is the Bridesman comfortable walking with a groomsman? I think some might not be overly thrilled by it.
    My thought as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards