Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

RSVP Card Wording

We are having a buffet, but there will be a separate buffet for the kids with chicken fingers, fruit salad, etc. Since we are doing the buffet we don't need a meal choice, except for the kids meals. I was going to give the parents the option of if the kids will be eating the regular or kids buffet (I know that they might end up changing their mind, our caterer would just like an estimate). Originally I had the RSVP cards set up to say

Number Attending ____
Number of Kids Meals ____

But now I'm thinking that people may be confused on whether or not to include the kids in the number attending. Or they might not understand that we are giving them the option of whether the kids will have chicken fingers or the main buffet. Is there a better way to do this? I thought about putting a note at the bottom that says there will be a children's meal of chicken fingers, etc available for those under 12, please let us know how many you will need, but I can't figure out exact how to word it. Or should I just estimate for myself which kids will want which meal?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: RSVP Card Wording

• Options

I would just call those who RSVP yes for their children and ask if they'd like the normal buffet or the kids buffet. 

We did family style and had an option of plated kids meals if they preferred.  I just contacted those who were eligible (RSVPd for kids under 12) and told them we were having X but the kids could have chicken fingers if they wanted - which would they prefer?  About half took me up on it.

• Options
    Kate61487 said:

I would just call those who RSVP yes for their children and ask if they'd like the normal buffet or the kids buffet. 

We did family style and had an option of plated kids meals if they preferred.  I just contacted those who were eligible (RSVPd for kids under 12) and told them we were having X but the kids could have chicken fingers if they wanted - which would they prefer?  About half took me up on it.

It's about 15 families, so that's probably doable. So did you have a spot to mark how many attending were kids or did you just figure that out by the numbers?

Oh and above that we do have attending/not attending with a check box next to each.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Ours looked like this:

"M______________________________________

__ accepts           number attending ___

__ declines

special dietary needs:______________________"

Everyone filled out the M___ line with the names of everyone coming, but the number attending would have given it away too.

• Options
    I have to say that I put 

M.______________
    ___accepts with please and 
    ___declines with regret AND 
    ___Number of guests attending

For some reason this confused people into thinking they could invite a guest and many put 0 where number of guests attending was and wrote "just me".  If I could go back I would have left out the number of guests attending. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards