Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Thursday fun time poll!

1. What icky food do you like a lot?

2. What was the last thing you bought online?

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad?

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most?

5. Where and when is your next vacation?

6. What color is your bra today?  :)

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery?

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one?

9. What's for lunch?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: Thursday fun time poll!

• Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? Umm.. I don't know because I wouldn't consider it 'icky' :)

2. What was the last thing you bought online? A scarf and hat set for my sis for her b-day from etsy

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? We're finally getting the internet and DVR at home. :)  Friend drama that is just wearing me out and snow. :/

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? Cleaning.  He's a clean freak, I'm not at all.

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Deep Creek, MD for a weekend in 2 weeks :)

6. What color is your bra today?  :)Nude, boring

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery? I don't know, I really never win stuff

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? unfortunately, yes - ZTA

9. What's for lunch? sandwich, grapes and yogurt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot?  Hmm, not a lot. I'm so picky whenit comes to icky! :P   Some people may consider Kraft Mac & Cheese icky, I guess, and I love that. Or how about mussels?

2. What was the last thing you bought online?  Corinne Bailey Rae's new CD - which I'm super disappointed with unfortunately.

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? Purchasing a new, fabulous house makes me crazy happy!!   My sister's reaction makes me sad.

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? He doesn't see the urgency in some things that I do. We just can't see eye to eye on that sometimes.  

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Um, our new house. No vacations for a while. Haha.

6. What color is your bra today?  :)    Beige. No fun. Olds.

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery?  I have yet to see what I won in E's giveaway (yay!), but I won a gardening basket at Mike's Dad's church. That was fun. It had tons of stuff in it for a garden plus lotions and a suncatcher.

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? I was a Theta Phi Alpha at IUP.

9. What's for lunch?  When did you write this? Heehee.   I had leftover chicken fried rice. Nom nom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? Vienna sausages

2. What was the last thing you bought online? Plane ticket to PR

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? Happy-- the house! Sad-- the weather

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? his mother, although he is beginning to see my points

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Not really a vacation, but heading to PR for my niece's baptism in mid March

6. What color is your bra today?  :)Not wearing one

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery? I loved winning the AI pool last year

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? Yes, Kappa Alpha Theta.

9. What's for lunch? Was a plain roll and Healthy Choice Italian Wedding Soup
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mayonnaise, brussels sprouts, stinky cheese :)

A team USA world cup soccer shirt- present for FI

I am happy that so many of my friends live in the same city and happy that my grad school decision is finalized!  I am sad about the same things- that I'll be moving away next year and leaving these people, and that FI might not be able to move with me.

POLITICS, argh.

Next week!  We're doing our annual ski trip to Aspen and I'm so excited!  We'll be gone Tuesday-Sunday.

Black, not fancy.

A free trip to Niagara Falls, complete with flights, a great hotel room, and two box seats to a Bills-Patriots football game.  It was a Sam Adams trivia night random drawing in Providence, and I won!

Nope, my university had absolutely no Greek life.

9. What's for lunch?
    Butternut squash soup and leftover quinoa with veggies.
    (And it's an hour earlier here and I didn't eat yet, haha)

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, ooh, LaFemme, that makes sense. :)

What hotel did you stay at in Niagara? I LOVED our trip there in October and wer stayed at the Marriott. Best hotel ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? Black olives (at least DH thinks they are icky...what's even more icky is that I used to drink the olive juice when I was younger).

2. What was the last thing you bought online? Movie tickets to see The Lightning Thief.

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? Happy= snow!! I never thought I'd say it, it gave me 4 days off last week, and 2 days of 2 hour delays. Also, my birthday next week.
    Sad= DH still job searching (he'll take anything at this point...hoping the census job comes through), cramped living quarters, though this is more frustrating than sad. We're going to look at a 2 BR in our complex when our lease is up. Just not enough living space anymore!

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? Hmm...there's not a lot, but politics at times.

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Not sure- I have a week scheduled off in July b/c we are supposed to go to the beach with my parents, but I'm not sure if we're still going.

6. What color is your bra today?  :)Beige

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery? I won $500 my senior year of college by filling out a survey in a career magazine!

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? No.

9. What's for lunch? I had leftover chicken noodle soup and a pear.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? Hmm I've a picky eater so "icky" foods are not usually touched.  I need to be more adventurous though. 

2. What was the last thing you bought online? I bought beads for my bridesmaid's jewelry.  Speaking of which, its been over a month since I've ordered. Yell

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? Happy-FI and I are starting to look at homes Sad-My job, I feel worthless and lack purpose.

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? We don't disagree much at all really.  For a while it was which part of the city to live, but we've both opened our minds to the possibility of crossing a river/bridge/tunnel.

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Not really a vacation, but my grandparents live on a lake in Indiana (the state) and we'll be going for Memorial Day.  Pray for sun!

6. What color is your bra today?  :)My favorite VS Biofit in Pink

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery? I'm not lucky at all.  I did win $5 in the Super Bowl poll we played day of.

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? Yes, Gamma Phi Beta.

9. What's for lunch? Peanut butter and grape jelly and an apple.
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? Is asparagus icky?  Iol

2. What was the last thing you bought online? sad to say, but I bought our dog a Steelers jersey...  but it's so small and cute!

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? Harley is making me very happy.  This weather is srsly bumming me out, though.

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? Ditto E.  He is a NEAT FREAK.  He vacuums the couches. 

5. Where and when is your next vacation? We're planning a trip to Disney in May.

6. What color is your bra today?  :)  Chocolate Brown.  I have about 5 good bras and 3 out of 5 are brown. lol

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery?  I won the football 'squares' once last year.  My mom won me tickets to see Meatloaf in 2nd grade.  It's really a toss up between the two.

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one?  Negative, my college had no Greek life either.  I live vicariously through Greek.

9. What's for lunch?  Mashed potatoes.  Stupid stomach issues only agreeing with bland food. :(

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm not sure on this one.

I don't buy a lot online, but I think my Secret Santa thing was the last.

Happy: Getting out of the house this morning!
    Sad: My BM, I know I need to call her, but it feels so weird that I (who always has words) have no idea what to say

I'd have to say that we disagree about little things like treating ourselves. He likes to save for big things once in a while, and I like to do lots of little things.

I wouldn't call it a vacation but we have to go to MO in May.

Today it's blue.

I won $50 playing bingo once.

N/A

9. What's for lunch?
    I had Taco Bell and it was awesome!
    image.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Molly, I was at the Marriott too!  I loved it :)  FI couldn't come, so it was me and my friend in our romantic fallsview room, haha!

Vacation
  • Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot?  Eating ketchup (alone) straight from the packets (after washing them of course!)

2. What was the last thing you bought online?  I think the latest was a pair of boots before the holiday

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad?  Happy - the weather here in sunny LA.  Sad - not much right now actually, which is nice!

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most?  Cleaning - he is much neater than me.  Also - philosophies on working out.  I hate it, he loves it, but I am trying to get into it so we can be more active together.

5. Where and when is your next vacation?  Pittsburgh :) to check out venues, and then Baltimore for a friend's wedding

6. What color is your bra today?  :)  Black

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery?  WAAY back in the day, New Kids on the Block tickets!  My mom went with me. :)

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one?  No

9. What's for lunch?  Probably a Lean Cuisine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? Brussel sprouts

2. What was the last thing you bought online? A book for school

3. What is making you happy recently? My parents buying their plane tickets to come visit for Easter! And starting our house hunt again What is making you sad? How busy DH and I both are right now, I feel like we never see each other anymore.

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? Um...who should clean the litter box? :)

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Planning to go to Chicago in May to see  DH's family...but in terms of a non-family trip, we're thinking about going to New Orleans in August. We'll see.

6. What color is your bra today?  :)Navy blue

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery? Apparently I never win anything good if I can't think of something...

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? Nope

9. What's for lunch? Turkey sub

Vacation

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? I'm an EXTEREMLY picky eater!! :-/ I don't try many 'icky' foods! hehe

2. What was the last thing you bought online? an AMAZING pair of peep toe pumps from Jcrew

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? I've been pretty stressed out recently, but my puppy and FI always make me happy... and going home to visit my family! Work makes me sad... I really don't like it here :(

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? Money... well not so much money, more of a difference of opinion on spending habits...

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Well Pittsburgh (but I don't consider going home for two days a 'vacation') Then FI and I are going to Disney in March! yay!

6. What color is your bra today?  :)hehe - nude/skin color

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery? I find myself to be an EXTREMELY unlucky person when it comes to contests, but the best things was probably $200 in last years March Madness bracket... I pick by colors - hehe

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? No... my college didn't have one

9. What's for lunch? I had a ckicken (dei meat) and sharp provolone sandwich :) and a few thin mints...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg, LaFemme! I LOVE it there. The view is ridiculously awesome. And the spa there is so amazing. I love it so much I want to marry it! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Molly, I didn't make it to the spa and now I am seriously regretting it!  You two could have a romantic ceremony on board the Maid of the Mist ;)

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went there right around then. It was definitely on my mind. Mike posed on the Maid of the Mist knocking on the Captain's door. :P  

You shold go back to the spa and get an aromatherapy massage. HEAVEN.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jenn (Hey)-- I was just thinking last night that I need to vacuum the couches. :-(

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    edited December 2011
    Nunu -- normal people actually do that?!  I honestly had no idea.  I just thought B was being OCD.  I may have to apologize to him now... lol.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH vacuums the couches too.  But with 2 dogs and 2 cats, they do need it.  My tolerance for that is more than his is, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, we have chocolate brown microfiber couches (slips, actually) and everything sticks to them. For some reason, guinea pig hay and bedding flies from all the way in the dining room and sticks on the couches.

You should get him a dirt devil curve (or kone). It is perfect for that stuff!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot?  I love snails in butter and garlic sauce

2. What was the last thing you bought online?  Wedding shoes

3. What is making you happy recently?  Wedding stuff What is making you sad? My little cousins and their medical issues:-(

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? money

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Honeymoon-Hawaii!

6. What color is your bra today?  :)light pink

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery?  Hmmm..not sure, I won a great free haircut one time, free movie tickets?

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one?Yes, ZTA

9. What's for lunch?  Lean Cuisine Fettucini Alfredo and a yogart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What icky food do you like a lot? Brussel Sprouts and Udon Noodles (I don't think they're icky, but DH certainly does).

2. What was the last thing you bought online? Yarn (don't laugh)

3. What is making you happy recently?  What is making you sad? Happy - DH, Sad - Work

4. What is the one thing you and your FI/DH disagree about the most? Honestly, we don't disagree that much, but we can't do home repairs together.  We fight through the whole thing.

5. Where and when is your next vacation? Who knows.

6. What color is your bra today?  :)  Light blue.

7. What's the best thing you've ever won in a contest/drawing/lottery?  The chance to drive a stock car on a Nascar Track.  I had to learn to drive a stick and it was soooooo awesome.

8. Were you in a sorority?  If so, which one? No. They weren't allowed on my college campus.

9. What's for lunch? It was nothing, but I just ate some ice cream
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards