Wedding Reception Forum

Chairs don't fit the venue

Ok, here's my dilemma: My FH and I are having a rustic-themed wedding next spring, but am having issues coming up with chairs for the reception, which will be held in an old general store. I wanted to go with something of dark wood (to match with the theme and forrest-green walls), but I've searched quite a bit in my area (southwest MO) and biggest options seem to be black, plastic folding chairs or white resin chairs, neither of which fit the venue. Do you have any ideas on how to dress these up to fit the atmosphere better, or other seating options that I've overlooked? Thanks! 

Re: Chairs don't fit the venue

• Nobody cares what the chairs look like. I think ours were brown, but I couldn't pick them out of a lineup.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It's a wedding, not a movie set. Pick chairs that are available and affordable and comfortable. Dark wood chairs, if you can find them, will probably be very expensive.
  • Do you sew?  I bought 60 cent chair sashes online and made them into chair back cover.  Maybe a burlap chair back cover? 

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Get out your wedding checklist/stress list and cross this item off. You're fine. Focus on the food and drinks.

Anniversary

• We had black folding chairs.  You want to know how many pictures we have that have the chairs in them?  3 our of nearly 1000 pictures.  Do you want to know how many people commented on our chairs?  Zero.  People do not care what your chairs look like.  They only care if they have a chair to sit in.  Remember, once people are sitting and the guys throw their coats over the back and the women throw their wraps or coats over the chairs nine tenths of them will be covered anyways.  Seriously they are chairs.  Your guests would rather you put your money and stress into making sure the food is amazing, the music is great to dance to, and that they don't have to open their wallets to buy themselves a drink.

• I couldn't tell you what the chairs looked like at the last wedding I attended. Or whether or not they fit the theme. No one will notice or care, unless they don't have a chair.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Maybe add some burlap imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards