Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

OOT Bags/Boxes

I haven't posted here in awhile, but I was looking for some ideas for the OOT boxes/bags.  My FI family is from Wilkkes-Barre and I have friends coming in from Philly.  I was trying to think of some things from Pittsburgh to put in them.

Does anyone have any fun ideas?  I was think Clark bars... I'm not sure what else. 

TIA

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OOT Bags/Boxes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on doing a map of Pittsburgh, some restaurant suggestions near the hotel, a couple bottles of water, maybe smiley cookies from ENP, little bottles of heinz ketcup... still thinking about what else.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the EnP cookie idea!  Where do you plan on getting maps? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you can order some from the Pittsburgh tourist center. But, to be honest, I haven't done any research yet.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did maps, coupon book and visitor's guide from Visit Pittsburgh. Back in 2009, you could get these materials from them if you picked them up. It might be worth a call.
    We also did Heinz pickle pins and clark bars. We did Utz Crab Chips since my DH is from MD, but some people have done Sarris Chocolates or Snyder's chips and pretzels (from Hanover).
    One of the former knotties did cans of IC Light.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Where do you get the pickle pins?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I was thinking doing a 'welcome' booklet with maps, attraction suggestions, restaurants etc. I was going to design and print them myself. But in the bags I was planning to add water bottles, mini clark bars, mini ketchup and mustards, and maybe some nuts or pretzels or something.

A while back, I found some sites with mini bags or baskets (expensive) of Pgh themed things... might give you some ideas!!

http://www.basketofpittsburgh.com/Section.aspx?s=1

http://www.blumen.com/pghbasket.htm

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the EnP cookie idea! :)
  • Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    my mom picked up our stuff. she simply walked up and down the strip district for different items. pittsburgh popcorn, biscotti, chocolates, terrible towels (it wouldn't have been my choice since i'm not a steelers fan, but so be it), bags of coffee from la prima and a few other things i can't recall. i also had NYE items, since the wedding was NYD but guests were arriving on NYE, as well as buttons for first night. i also had some water bottles and munchy items like pb crackers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing to think about for the bags is if the guests will keep what you put in there if they don't use it that weekend.

Most of our guests flew in to Pitt, so I nixed the mini Heinz bottles - they would have been a waste and left behind - not many people want to risk packing a glass ketchup bottle in their suitcase if they don't have to.  Plus the hotel included similar ones with room service!

Just something to remember - in the interest of time, my bags were very simple (water, lots  of snacks, candy, guide book) but everyone still appreciated them.

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and input!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards