Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hapyy Thursday!

Morning! 
Snow day #5 for me, and I'm starting to lose my mind!  We were unable to dig out yesterday because of the crazy conditions.  I walked out to see what the snow was like and in the driveway where the plow came it's taller then me!  Not looking forward to this.
I ended up making 2 tissue paper pomanders yesterday, which I'm going to use to decorate the cookie table.  Otherwise I'm bored out of my mind:-)
Have a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hapyy Thursday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Back to work for me today!  Hopefully the day goes by quickly. 

Heather-I was getting cabin fever yesterday myself!  Yay for wedding projects!

I finished our unity candle yesterday. CHECK!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pitt has classes today, and after waiting 1 hour for the bus, I drove as far as I could into oakland and then  walked the rest of the way.  The streets/sidewalks are nuts!

House hunting was a strike out last night - onward with teh search!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning.  I'm back at work today too...my boss picked me up though.  DH would have had to shovel all night to get my out this morning, since the snow didn't stop until around 10 for us.  Crazy.  But at least our street was plowed overnight...I really didn't think it would be!

It looks like today will be pretty quiet here, since a lot of people haven't made it in yet (and I don't think they will.)  Which is AWESOME for me, because I have tons of work to do and no one will bother me.  Except I need to help answer the phone, since our receptionist and backup are both out.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! Snow day #4 for me, and I'm not getting bored yet. Smile I'm sure I'll be back to work tom., but some people around here think the feds will close tom. too. I doubt it, but we'll see! It sure would be nice to be off though, b/c including Monday, I'd be off 10 days in a row, which NEVER happens. Today's agenda includes working out, smoothies, Days of Our Lives, and calling about stupid PA state tax stuff (hopefully they are open today).

Great checks, Heather and Meg!
    Sounds like Pgh is a mess, Bri- stay safe!
    KR- I was thinking about you when they said northeast of Washington, i.e. Baltimore, would get hit harder. Hopefully we'll have a slow melt! Oh, and I can't believe you are down to 16 days!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning! We are getting more rain, which isn't exactly the same as all the snow you guys have, but we also don't get rain days :) I'm jealous of your time off, even if it means being stuck in the house. I would love to just catch up on some stuff around the house, reading, etc. right now!

Vacation

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  Glad to hear that the snow has ended for now at least.  Yay for snow days and getting so much done, I am jealousE.

We had a super fun dinner out last night at one of our favorite restaurants.  We were using the opportunity to go over invitation samples that I had ordered, and when our waiter found out we were getting married he sent over complimentary drinks and dessert!  So cute :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone.  I'm at home again today because things are still pretty bad out here.  I was out cleaning off the cars this morning though because J had to head in.

It's been a nice couple of days hanging out at home.  We've had our wood burning stove on pretty much all the time during the day, and we've managed to burn through a quarter cord of wood since Friday.

I think I'm going to make some banana nut bread later on this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh- i could totally go for some banana nut bread! yum! I'm at work again- no snow days all week. Although my manager hasn't been in at all- great example she's setting for us... I have a meeting with 12 Oaks tonight to do the tasting, not sure if that's going to be canceled or not...
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning all.

Nice job on using your time stuck in the house to get some WR stuff done. I've been able to make calls about WR things but I should have purchased DIY projects to work on while on my leg arrest. ;) Instead I have been doing a lot of reading and watching bad TV.

J Lafem- Very nice of your server to do that for you!

KR- Almost baby time, hope there iss a big thaw in the next couple of days for you guys!

Meg- Any pics of the finished candle?

Heather- How about pics of your finished project?

Bri- Be careful on the roads!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well FI and I just spent 2 hours shoveling out his truck-no point getting my car out because it's not 4 wheel drive.  To finish off the fabulous shovel out-I decided to swan dive into 3 1/2 feet of snow...I felt like a kid.  FI has currently posted my graceful dive on YouTube.
    Megan-YAY for doing your unity candle!  Post pix please!
    Jen-That's awesome your waiter gave you freebies!  I love tht stuff!

Yum for banana bread Shannon-send some my way!

Sara-Have fun at the tasting!
    E- How's your leg doing?  I know my dad is having some pain with his knee after the surgery, so I hope yours is less painful!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen, that was so sweet of your waiter!
    Heather- linky to the youtube video? Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim-Here's the link-try not to judge my sweet outfit!  LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMS1DlFKZdE&feature=youtube_gdata"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heather the funniest thing I've seen in a while! Thank you for sharing and making me laugh while I melt away in my office!

I'll have pics up soon.  I took a pic on my camera but didn't pull them on to my computer yet.

Lafemme- How wonderful to get drinks and dessert!  Smile See all the stress and planning does have its perks!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh!  I want to see the video! I wonder if I can get it up on my phone... (youtube is blocked at work)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very funny Heather!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather- Leg is doing ok. Had a rough night of sleep last night trying to get comfy. The brace is just so heavy. The pain isn't quite so intense anymore now it's just a dull annoying thing mostly from not being able to move it well. Thanks for asking!

I hope your dad starts to get to where he is feeling better soon!

Funny video btw! Saw it on FB!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jen, your waiter was practicing long forgotten pay attention/listening skills.  Yay for freebies!!!

August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, that restaurant will be getting a good Yelp review :)

Heather, that video is SO funny!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice, Heather! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards