Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

(NER) Rings

AngusaurAngusaur member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
edited July 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
One ring to rule them all.

I bought a cheapy $5 band ring from sears to get an idea of what one would look like with my E-ring. Is it too much? (It's gold, which is why it kind of clashes) I was thinking to not have a band, but then I feel like I'd miss it.

ETA don't judge my super chub fingers or my 2 semi dirty nails.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: (NER) Rings

• Options
    I feel like that would REALLY be overkill. I wish I could try these things on at the jewelry stores! Silly size 7 samples.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you considered a thin plain metal band? I feel like your E ring really overpowers the stones in the band, but I think either a single metal band or one on each side would look really pretty with it. Then again, that's just my personal taste and I tend not to like a bunch of stones all together, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    It normally wouldn't be my style, but for my particular ring I think it would work. I think the diamonds on the band just make it too much. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I would leave it alone. It makes a big statement!
  • Options
    I like the idea of a thin metal band. That's probably what I will be getting. My ring has a large mystic fire topaz and like 60 tiny diamonds around it.

Your comment about one ring to rule them all made me chuckle. My fiance's BIL made a similar comment after seeing my ring for the first time. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Would you consider wearing your band on your right hand? Then you could get whatever you want, but I think your ering is such a statement it is best left by itself. 
  • Options
    I'm another vote for a thin, plain band.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Misssunshine17 I think in this case I will do one with the e-ring or not at all. I've gotten used to my ring but I generally don't like to wear rings especially on my right hand.

Thanks for the input everyone, I will start checking out some plain bands.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good point Stage. I will at least do that to put them together when we go ring shopping. It will also make for a lot cheaper band than one with stones, and hey I love saving money.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beware of that $5 ring from Sears!  My sister bought the exact same style from Sears when her fingers swelled up during her pregnancy, and it started to discolour her finger . . . I hate it when rings do that. 
    I also vote for plain band.  Beautiful engagement ring, by the way. 

• Options
    Your engagement ring is beautiful.  I agree a plain band would look best, but I would go for a wider band (4mm?).  I feel like your e-ring would overpower a small band. 

BTW -- that's a great idea to buy a cheap band for testing.  I have chubby fingers (the ones I wear rings on are 8.5-10) so I had to pull my e-ring up to sit next to the size 6 wedding band samples I was trying on.  Thankfully the wedding band I ordered looks perfect with my e-ring, but I was sweating it between when I ordered and was able to pick up the ring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards