Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Recommendations for either Cardamone's Salon or Ecotage?

Hi ladies,
I was wondering if any of you have ever had your hair cut/done at either Cardamone's Salon on Forbes or Ecotage Salon and Spa which is located on the 11th floor of the downtown Macy's? If so, would you recommend either one of them? I'm looking for a salon to do my wedding day hair (and also my girls). I'm looking for somewhere right in the downtown vicinity, somewhere we can walk to/quick drive from  the Hampton Inn and Suites in the strip where most people will be staying.
TIA!
Julie
My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011

Re: Recommendations for either Cardamone's Salon or Ecotage?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Julie!

I haven't heard of either of those salons. Have you looked at the recommended list at the top of the Pittsburgh board?

I stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites in the Strip and thought about getting my makeup done at that Macy's before booking Clare, who comes to you. Ultimately, I decided it was too much running around for me to try to get to a city salon with all my girls because it would eat up so much time as far as going to the car, going downtown, finding parking, getting back, etc.

I don't know of any salons within walking distance of the Hampton in the strip, but hopefully some other ladies on here will chime in. You could do a trial at the salons you are considering and then see how they do.
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kwynn,
    Thanks so much for your response. I actually haven't looked at the PGH vendors list in a while but that will be my next stop after posting this. I had originally inquired with my FI's mother's salon, but for them to come to us, it was extremely costly and I want to put funds into areas that matter more to me. So I thought it might be a bit more cost efficient if we could just go to the salon ourselves. I am having someone come to me to do the makeup so that cuts out some of the running around. The logistical problem is that we're getting married at Heinz Chapel and have a rather early ceremony starting time so I'm trying to find a large enough salon that could be working on multiple persons at one time. I worked downtown a few years ago but was a full-time grad student all of last year so I have no idea on what's still there/anything new, etc. I came up with Ecotage and Cardamone's from good old Google!

Thanks again though!
    Julie
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for cost-effective, I've never seen anyone cheaper than Monica Kitta. She did me, 3 bridesmaids, and my mom in under 3 hours. She rolls and sets one girl's hair while doing another one's, for example.

She charges $40 or so per girl, or maybe $60. But that's definitely the cheapest I have found.
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brooke Rockwell did my hair (i had a very early ceremony at HC too), she came to me at the Double Tree downtown (her salon is downtown), she did 4 girls in under 2 hours and her oost was less expensive than Monica Kitta.  PM me if you want more info.  She's amazing and my full time stylist so I am very partial to her!

I've work downtown for the past 15 years and Cardomones has been a staple on forbes & wood forever.  They have a very nice salon and I am sure they will be ok for your wedding day needs.  I also suggest Izzazu, they are pretty expensive but their salon is on the Blvd. of the Allies.  Ecotage used to be an Elizabeth Arden salon when Macy's was a kaufmann's.  The salon is huge and their people are capable as well.  There is also a Philip Pelusi in Oxford Center.
    image Ivory
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards