Chit Chat
Options

Help please!

So ill try to make this as short as possible. Me and my fiance just broke up. A month before the wedding!! We got into one big fight and that seemed to be the one to stir up all old emotions he had. He had said hes been unhappy for a while which doesn't make sense when last week he was going around hand delivering invitations to his friends. Telling them how excited he was and how in love he was. So to hear he hasn't been happy was a shocker. He said i changed. But i mean we were together for six years. I think maybe I've grown up but nothing ridiculous. I feel I'm the same person maybe more cautious. He has been haging out with some old friends who party and go out whenever they want. They told him after the big fight to just leave me and that's it. It took him a week to figure out why he wanted. And I feel if I hadn't have pushed him to answer would we still be in this situation? We had be arguing a little more because of money stress and wedding planning. But I just don't know. He's hurt me so bad and now I'm left with all people to tell, things to cancel. He took all the money out of account. It's just this isn't who I've known for six years. And he has yet to talk to his family. And they have no idea who this new person is. I just don't know what to do.

Re: Help please!

• Options
    kmoll21 said:
    So ill try to make this as short as possible. Me and my fiance just broke up. A month before the wedding!! We got into one big fight and that seemed to be the one to stir up all old emotions he had. He had said hes been unhappy for a while which doesn't make sense when last week he was going around hand delivering invitations to his friends. Telling them how excited he was and how in love he was. So to hear he hasn't been happy was a shocker. He said i changed. But i mean we were together for six years. I think maybe I've grown up but nothing ridiculous. I feel I'm the same person maybe more cautious. He has been haging out with some old friends who party and go out whenever they want. They told him after the big fight to just leave me and that's it. It took him a week to figure out why he wanted. And I feel if I hadn't have pushed him to answer would we still be in this situation? We had be arguing a little more because of money stress and wedding planning. But I just don't know. He's hurt me so bad and now I'm left with all people to tell, things to cancel. He took all the money out of account. It's just this isn't who I've known for six years. And he has yet to talk to his family. And they have no idea who this new person is. I just don't know what to do.

I'm sorry. this sucks for you.  As far as what to do, I would talk to your parents and if possible, someone in his family to have them start making phone calls that the wedding has been cancelled.   If you have everyone's addresses, you can mail out cards (immediately) that say that the wedding of X and X will not take place as previously scheduled. 

As far as life stuff goes...    find your own place (if you were living together) or talk to friends or family about maybe staying with them for a month so you can sort everything else out.

• Options
    Sorry to hear you're going through this.
    PP's have given good advice, let him deal with his side, but send out cards immediately to announce the wedding will not take place as planned. Reach out to your support system to see if they can handle phone calls if necessary.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    So sorry to hear this. Send out cards immediately - just a little postcard. You don't need to put in an explanation. Cancel everything and get his name off of your bank account so he can't drain any more of it - contact a lawyer to see if you can recover anything.
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thinking of you.

This is a hard time...but hopefully your friends and family will be there for you.

The PP have great advice.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've been there. It sucks...hard. but it gets better. Definitely change the bank info asap. The pps gave great advice. Hang in there. It's truly a blessing.
  • Options
    I'm with @cmgr. This absolutely sucks for you and I'm sending you positive vibes. Take care of yourself and remember that you dodged this behavior for the rest of your life. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards