Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Tuesday!

Morning ladies,
  Happy Tuesday!  I love starting the work week on a Tuesday-it makes me feel so great knowing it's a 4 day week and there is no MOnday:-)  I had a busy weekend.  FI and went to some auctions and yard sales this weekend which was a lot of fun.  Sunday I drove to Pittsburgh for my last dress fitting, which did not go well-I'll detail it in a seperate post.  Then I had my bachelorette party at Dave and Buster's-fun!  Yesterday we had a picnic/pool party at my parents (along with all the JUne birthdays in my family-there's 4 of them).  So it was a great end to the weekend.
  Hope everyone has a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning,

FI and I had a pretty good weekend. On Friday, we went to Prairie Home Companion, it rained a little, but we put up our big umbrella and snuggled, it was very romantic :), then on Saturday we picked up my boss' dog and we took her to Eastern Market where I loaded up on fresh produce, then I met my friends to see Sex and the City 2 and for dinner. When I got home FI was super sick... he's been coughing and has had a slight fever since then. He actually just ran out the door to go to the doctors. I feel bad for him, he sounds so awful.

H- I hear ya on the starting the week on tuesday. It is so great! Your weekend sounds great, but uh oh on the dress...
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    I also agree that it's great starting the week on tuesday... I wish it was like this every week! I had a pretty uneventful weekend - FI worked every day :( so I just kind of hung out by the pool and waited for him to get home. It stinks b/c he goes into work at 5:30am so when he does come home he's so tired and doesnt want to do anything (and ends up falling asleep)... We did go to my fav Mexican restaurant on Saturday night. We came home and the hockey game was on so I went in a different room and ordered 'Dear John' on demand... it was pretty good - didn't follow the book that well but I still liked it :)

H - yay for a fun weekend in Pittsburgh!! Glad you enjoyed your bachelorette party!! Sorry to hear the dress fitting didnt go so well :(
    J - Sounds like you had a good weekend too! BOO that FI isn't feeling well - hope he feels better soon! Did you like SATC2?? I didn't go but havent heard great things about it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! It sucks to be back to work today, but at least it's only a 4 day week. I had a nice weekend with DH and my parents, though it went by far too quickly. The rain held off so we got to go to the zoo on Sat., then went to Buca di Beppo for dinner. The food was good, but the service sucked- we were there for 2 hours, between waiting 10-15 min. for someone to take our drink orders, then the bill was wrong and that took a while to straighten out. There was a tour bus group of about 50 people, but I thought they were used to handling large groups. Not sure that I'll be back there...

On Friday I picked up our Dali etching- here's a pic of it:

H- I'm glad the b-party was fun at least. Off to read your other post...

Jl- That sounds like a fun, romantic evening on Fri.- glad you could make the best out of a little drizzle. I hope your FI feels better soon!
    G- I can't imagine getting up at 5:30, let alone being ready to leave for work then. Does your FI at least get home earlier?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    GM!  It was such a nice weekend for me!  I went to my grandparent's lake house in Indiana.  I got to hear the music my grandma had written/composed.  It is BEAUTIFUL!  I also got my "something borrowed", she has a single pearl necklace for me to wear.

It was 80+ all weekend and spent most of the weekend out side with a cold beverage! Smile  It did rain all the way home yesterday, which made for a slow drive, but we made it.

H-I'm sorry to hear your dress fitting didn't go well, hopefully everything works out in the end.
    Kim-I'm glad you had a good visit with your parents!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim - LOVE the etching! It's awesome! Congrats again on getting it! Sounds like you had a fun weekend with your parents! I feel like time always goes so fast when I am with my family bc I dont see them that often :( -- FI usually goes into work at 5:30 and works until about 3:30 with no breaks... so its a long, greuling day for him so I def understand him being tired... I guess I'm just being selfish b/c I feel like I never see him :( - when we are able to spend time together, he's so tired he can't stay awake...

M - sounds like you had a fun weekend too! Awesome that you got to hear the song your grandfather composed for you! I still think that's the coolest thing I've heard! :) and YAY for your 'something borrowed' :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Meg- Sounds like the perfect weekend! Very cool that you got to hear the song, and have your something borrowed- how special!

Thanks, G! At least he's done before the normal end of the work day, but no breaks or lunch, yikes! I'd don't think you're being selfish- I'd feel the same way. And I agree about family time going so quickly- always a bummer going back to work after a long weekend with them. At least I'll see them again in a month for the 4th of July.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Jamie-Sounds like you had a fairly good weekend.  Vibes that FI feels better soon!  How did you like the movie?  I want to see it but need some reviews first...
    G-hanging out at the pool all weekend sounds like my kind of weekend!  I have the book Dear John, but haven't read it yet.  Am debating whether to read it or see it...which is better in your opinion?

Kim-Glad you had a good time with your parents and I love that sketch!  Do you know where you are going to hang it?

Megan-that's so cool!  I wish we could all hear the music she wrote:-)  It's also nice that she gave you your something borrowed!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, it's going right by our faux fireplace, so it will be visible from the dining room and living room (which is not hard when you live in a small 1 BR I suppose).
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H - I loved the book - I thought it was really good... however, I liked the ending in the movie better - I would say def read it first then watch the movie... it was a super quick read... I read it in a weekend flying to and from pittsburgh :) but def the book first then the movie... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey Ladies

GMC- sorry fi was working all weekend! at least you got to hang out at the pool!
    Kim- such an awesome sketch! How funny that you were at the zoo! Did you metro, b/c if so, you were one block from my apartment.
    Duq- your weekend sounds absolutely fantastic and I am very jealous! :)

On SATC2- I found it very indulgent, that seems to be the only word I can think of... I mean it was very, very over the top, which was expected, but it seemed like it was made just for the characters and not for the audience. During the movie I kept wanting to say "Come on!" or "seriously???", but do I regret going? no. Will I buy the movie? probably.

If anyone sees it, please report back on what you think!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, we took metro. I thought of you as well as a former co-worker who lives in the area. I adore that part of the city- I'd probably choose that neighborhood if I moved downtown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello ladies, after an exciting 4.5 hours of evidence I'm in the office til 6 today. 

Uneventful weekend where we basically celebrated restaurant week with 4 different restaurants and worked on organizing our lives.  We also caught up on sleep.  Beyond lame.  lol.

Sounds like everyone had good weekends, I'm off to read other posts!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards