October 2013 Weddings

Pre-wedding parties a must?

I know that the MOH and bridesmaids are supposed to set the parties up. I'm having a small wedding (aprox. 100 people). My bridesmaid will be my 13 year old daughter, and that's all I am having. I don't expect a child to set up any parties, but I think it would be rude to set it up myself. I don't really care if I get a bachlorette party, but is a bridal shower a must? I think FI will have some sort of bachelor party but it wont be anything big. If these parties are a must when do they take place? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 107 Invited so far!
image 63 Are comming!
image 9 Will be missing out!
image 36 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Pre-wedding parties a must?

• rkborkbo member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Just so you know, MOH and BM's are only supposed to buy a dress and show up to your wedding. Now if they wanted to host you a shower, by all means, have a shower. Also, you are correct that you should not host your own shower if you are asking for gifts. 

But to answer your question, no you do not have to have a shower. 

I am not having a shower, bachelorette, or any type of pre wedding parties. Heck, we aren't even registering because we don't want gifts. We just want our family and friends to come and have a good time! 
  • Thanks so much
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 63 Are comming!
  • FH's grandmother suggested she throw me/us a shower in Indiana - and it would be thoroughly awkward because there are certain family members that she would invite that for whatever reason really don't like me. (Bad first impression, I think) 

Like @alisonmarie658 suggested, it's not always someone in the WP. 
  • Thanks and good luck with your shower!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 63 Are comming!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards