Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Make-Up Artist

I'm still trying to find a make-up artist that will travel to my house for my wedding. I've been through the list on the recommended vendors page and most of them are either booked or out of my price range. Does anyone have any other suggestions, especially people that closer to the east side of the city?

Re: Make-Up Artist

• jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you try stacy crivelli? she's charging something crazy like under $50. she was the girl that did my makeup for the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Julie Marckisotto at Pittsburgh Makeup.  She traveled to my parent's house in McKeesport, so that would definitely count as east.  She did an amazing job on all of my BMs and myself.

• concerto47concerto47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie was my first pick but she's already booked. She actually got booked almost the day after I contacted her. I emailed Stacy but haven't heard back yet.
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEK Cosmetics  - Katie Heemstra  is amazing!!  I did airbrush make up, which was a little on the high side but it was worth it.  I'm not sure how much her regular make up costs. 
    http://www.bekcosmetics.com/
    image Ivory
  • jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    give stacy some time-she's a friend of mine and i know that she had a long awaited date with her husband tonight, haha. :)
  • SPSLSPSL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids, mom, I all went to Phillip Pelusi in the South Side to get our hair done the morning of the wedding, and we were to get our make-up done there as well.  But after a trial run a few weeks before, it just wasn't good enough for me - no "Wow Factor!"  Everyone else was pleased though.  So, I didn't have much time to find someone else just for me, so I just walked into Nordstrom's at Ross Park Mall and asked some women at the make-up counters if anyone did make-up for special events on the side.  (I buy most of my make-up there, and the workers are fabulous - sooo helpful & friendly!)  So, long story not so long, some of the ladies do it, and Ky was willing to meet up to meet up with me before the wedding, in the hotel we were staying in and do just my make-up.  I think it was around $100, but so worth it - definitely the "Wow Factor!" I was going for.  PM me if you or anyone else wants her contact information.

Edited to add:  Wherever you purchase your make-up usually, ask there to see if anyone does special events make-up on the side.  I was surprised to see how many Nordstrom workers do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards