Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Babette's in Bridgeville?

I went wedding dress shopping for the 1st time yesterday, and I went to a store called Babette's, in Bridgeville.  I didn't know if anyone has purchased things from there and what your experience was.  I was looking for online reviews, which turned out to be not the best, but there were only like 4 reviews.  So, I thought I'd check here!  Thanks!!

Re: Babette's in Bridgeville?

• Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well.  I've been holding my tongue until this was all over.  However, you asked so here goes.  We went there because we didn't find any other BM gowns we liked.  Found a gown we all liked, all the BM's paid a deposit of $100.  TWO WEEKS later they called to say that dress is no longer made, have to pick another.  A refund was not an option, had to pick out another.  So we did.  So my future SIL calls them constantly to keep them on their toes.  They called HER to tell her the gowns were in.  She called me then went right up there to get the alterations.  I'm STILL waiting to hear my BM's gowns are in.  So SIL goes, waits two weeks, calls back and they're like, Oh yeah, your dress is done.  She went off on them about how bad they suck making phone calls.  She went to pick up her gown and luckily it fits perfectly.  We ordered the original gown back in JANUARY!  They came in the beginning of June.  Also, the second gown was cheaper than the original and they over charged her.  Once she figured this out, she called and they made it right.  However, good thing my SIL is on the ball. 

So....I do not recommend them.   I have three more BM's to get their dresses altered and picked up yet.  Now David's has a gown very similar to what we picked and I wish I'd had them get it there.  My future MIL did NOT like it there at al.  She went to David's to get her gown. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress there. I fell in love with this dress that I tried on at a bridal show and could not get it out of my mind. My mom, sister, and I went there on a Saturday and tried on numerous dresses as well as the dress, ended up buying the dress that day. I had a good experience there, but I also pretty much new what I was looking for. My dress is in but I have not picked it up yet because the veil is not in yet. I can let you know about how things further go if you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there to look for prom dresses (back in the day - lol) and don't remember having the best experience - granted it was prob about 10 yrs ago so things could have changed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I ended up buying my dress from MB Bridal out in Greensburg...I found bridesmaid dresses I liked there, so we figured just to do the whole thing there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards