Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding Gifts Before the Wedding

How do we handle the wedding gifts we get before the wedding?  We got our first one today and until then, I didn't really think about what to do with it.  Should we open it or let it just sit until after the wedding?  Do we send a thank you note out now or should we wait till the wedding is over? 

Thanks in advance :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Gifts Before the Wedding

• Options
    I would open it and send out the thank-you right away, but not use the gift until after the wedding.
  • Options
    I agree with Keptin. We received engagement party gifts that we opened and sent thank yous for, but we have set them aside in storage and are waiting to use them until after the wedding...save for some gorgeous champagne flutes to be used the day of!
  • Options
    I would open it and send out the thank-you right away, but not use the gift until after the wedding.
    This. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Another vote for open and send a thank you right away but wait to use it.  I say open it just to make sure that there aren't any problems with it (it broke during shipping or was mislabeled) that you should notify the store about right away.  
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    Open it. Check to make sure nothing is broken. Write and send thank you card immediately.

I was so thankful I did this before the wedding. The more you can send out before the wedding the better. It just means less to do when you get home from your honeymoon.

• Options
    Open it, take a look to see that it is intact and complete, and write and send a thank-you note immediately.

But don't use it until after the wedding.
  • Options
    Okay thanks for the help!  We will open it this week and send out the TY card :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards