Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Pictures for Plus Size women! Help!

I'm about to have my engagement photos done and I am a plus sized woman.  I need poses that will help me look skinny.  I have been searching the web for examples, but haven't had much luck.  I'm thinking of ways to camouflage myself i.e. standing slightly behind my fiance, wearing dark colors, angles, etc.  If you have ideas, pictures, examples, please let me know!  I need help.  Thank you!

Re: Pictures for Plus Size women! Help!

• Have you asked your photographer?  Since this is his/her job, I'm sure they can help you out.  Lifting your arms just a tiny bit helps them to look more shapely (I've tried this in a mirror and there's a noticeable difference).  I'd also look at plus-size clothing sites -- the poses they use are generally flattering.
  • I would def talk with your photographer....afterall you are paying them the big bucks for expertise. If they dont know how to make you look fabulous...consider that a red flag and reconsider using them!
  • Have some pics of the camera higher up facing down. Am sure the photographer knows this easy tip and can work on some natural poses. It does wonders!!! Jessica Simpson once said a tan (or spray tan) is slimming and she has never been so right! A bronzer helps (everywhere but the bridge of the nose). As the other person mentioned, arms up really helps the figure! Take some self shots in the mirror (just for you to see) and you will notice how your waist naturally sucks in, boobs lift and arms look toned. Unsure how to get a natural pose out of that though.
  • Your photographer should be able to give you some advice.  Generally speaking, putting your arms away from the body, pulling your chin forward and down, keeping good posture, and angling your body so that your hips are not straight on to the photographer all help to make a person appear thinner.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards