Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hickory Street Annex

We are strongly considering (as in we would like to mail in the check and agreement NOW) Hickory Street Annex as our venue. We love love loved it! For those of you that have had or are going to have, or that may know someone who has had their reception their we would love any feedback. We need recommendations on music (live band), which caterer, flowers, etc. Really any info is appreciated. I know they have 4 or 5 caterers to choose from but I haven't heard of any of them before. I appreciate your feedback. 

Re: Hickory Street Annex

• Options
    Usually when I have been there it has been Gil's catering or CN Catering. Both are delicious and very professional. 

Bands- Signature Band is pretty well recommended on this board. I also like Identity Theft. The only times I have been there have been with DJ's and all were great. 

No recommendations on flowers- but I am sure some other ladies on this board can chime in. 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
    I found two old reviews and one used Tastefully Yours and one used Black Eyed Pea (said it was the only one on the list they could afford).  Both were happy.  Flowers used were Blooming Bride in Ft. Worth and one used Lily Pad (who has gotten very mixed reviews here actually).  It is nice to choose vendors that have worked with your venue but not a necessity.  My favorite florist right now is probably DiFiori.  And of course I loved my florist (Tami Winn), but she is pretty expensive now.
  • Options
    Flowers in Dallas?  I would DEFINITELY call Junior at The Garden Gate.  He does absolutely jaw-dropping work and is very respectful of budget.  He is who I am going to use!
  • Options
    We used Signature Band! They are quite a bit cheaper than Identity Theft, but they were wonderful to work with from beginning to end.
  • Options
    I'm getting married around the corner at 333 First Avenue...Hickory Street Anex was our runner up! Loved the space, we just have too big of a group for it to work for us. That said, we are using Brianne Denton with Blue Lotus for our florals and her space is in the HSA complex! She has more of that organic look to her work rather than really precise/perfect so if that's a look you are interested I highly recommend meeting with her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards