Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Long Friday compilation poll!

1. Wine or beer?

2. Favorite store you like to shop online?

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose?

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC?

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses?

8. Do you shave your legs every day?

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be?

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl?

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband?

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

15. Beach or mountains?

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color?

17. What's for lunch?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: Long Friday compilation poll!

• edited December 2011
    Ohh I actually have some free time at work, so I'll play for a change :)

1. Wine or beer? can I pick both? hah if not, I'll go with wine

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? Crate & Barrel

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Pamela's in the strip for breakfast and Bravo Franco or Mortons for dinner

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? In Edward Cullen's bedroom ;)

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? My grandparents gave us the most generous gift for our wedding. It was so unbelievably thoughtful, we were able to finish our basement at our house already, much sooner than we had planned for.

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? No, but I would love to go!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? I think little secrets are a good thing, especially when the truth may hurt the other person's feelings. Other people's secrets are just that, other peoples. I don't share those with my husband unless there is some good reason he needs to know. (just not gossip)

8. Do you shave your legs every day? HAH good question, in the summer, I try not, but definitely not in the fall and winter

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? A Cereality shop

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl?  I haven't... I never dreamed I'd meet someone like my husband and I didn't foresee myself getting married until later in life. Kind of sad. So I didn't do any wedding dreaming until after I met him :)

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Cinnamon roasted almonds from the mall

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? See the answer from #4

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  Not having to be cooped up in the house and being able to take the dog for nice walks

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? A job where I could help people and make a positive difference in someone's life... as opposed to my current job where I just make rich people richer

15. Beach or mountains? I love both equally

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? Just clear, boring!

17. What's for lunch? Egg and cheese on a croissant... it's a Friday in Lent, no meat for me!
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer?
    Beer

White House Black Market

Dish

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose?
    Giligan's Island!

My co-workers had a surprise engagement party for me and went through h*ll trying to get me to come. I had a long week and didn't want to "have a bottle of wine" with my co-workers on a Friday.

Nope!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses?
    I believe every one has at least one secret! Although I am not good at keeping secrets from my fiance, I tell him EVERYTHING!

Absolutely- I don't know how some girls do it every couple of days, I can't stand having hairy legs!

Hm.. I think it would be fun to have a flower shop!

Yes! I always thought I would have a DW, that went down the toilet the first week we were engaged- fiance was so not into it.. so now we're having a big white wedding, just for him! lol

Pizza!

Edward Cullen, sans the vampire thing. He's so freaking romantic it makes me sick!

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...
    Sandals!

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
    I would love to work for National Geographic and be able to not only see the world, but to research and report different places!

15. Beach or mountains?
    Beach, hands down!

My toe nails are coral. My fingernails are rarely ever painted.

17. What's for lunch?
    Apple, cashews and coffee
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Beer

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? B&N or Amazon

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? N/A - I haven't been to anything other than a chain restaurant when I've been home in years.  If I had to choose favorite restaurant in Philly, I would say Jones.

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Manhattan from Sex in the City (as long as I had their money as well)

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? I honestly can't think of anything right now that stands out.  I'm sure I've had many people be kind to me over the years, but I can't think of one specific instance right now.

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC?  Yes, during college.

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses?  Not necessarily.  There are secrets that I have of my BFFs that I would never tell my DH.  He doesn't need to know them, so why tell him.

8. Do you shave your legs every day? Um, confession...I haven't shaved my legs since I wore shorts in Florida Halloween weekend.  Once I pull the shorts and capris out, I'll shave again.

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? A coffee shop/ bookstore or a yarn shop or a bakery (I contemplate all three)

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? Nope.  

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?Ice cream

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? Paul Rudd or Jason Segal

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  Gardening!  I'm putting the first of my cool crops in the ground this weekend.

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Millionaire humanitarian

15. Beach or mountains? Mountains.  Since I live close to the beach, I miss the mountains.

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? Nope.  My fingernails are bitten too low to draw attention to.  Maybe I'll paint my toenails this weekend for sandals.

17. What's for lunch? Haven't thought about it yet since I actually ate breakfast.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer?   WINE (but I gave up for lent, so lately vodka, lol)

2. Favorite store you like to shop online?  overstock.com

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? nakama

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose?  Barefoot Contessa's home from Food Network

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? my aunt and uncle let me buy whatever laptop and accessories I wanted when I went to college as a high school graduation gift, plus a four year warranty, the bill came to like 3k.  Super nice!  I am on my second laptop that I got for free as a result of the warranty - so it's been a 6 year investment!

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC?  no

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? YES

8. Do you shave your legs every day? Summer yes, winter no

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? restaurant

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl?  yes

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? shrimp stir fry

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? Bobby Flay

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  the sunshine!

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Food Critic for large newspaper

15. Beach or mountains? Beach

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? Yes, matching, Opi All A bordeaux the sled

17. What's for lunch? looking for somewhere in Oakland to get egg salad, any ideas?
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? probably beer more than wine

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?  Hyde Park

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Pandora - really i have no idea!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? I expect both DH and I to have little secrets

8. Do you shave your legs every day? Absolutely I do!! 

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? spa/salon

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? no!

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? golden graham cereal

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? Ryan Reynolds *swoon*

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc... flowers in bloom

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? n/a

15. Beach or mountains? mountains

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  YES If so, what color? french on my fingernails and red on my toenails - I am never without a pedicure!

17. What's for lunch? something meatless
    image Ivory
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Wine

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? I don't have one. I don't shop online unless it's necessary.

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Umm, Mallorca I guess.  Honestly, even when I lived in PA I rarely went into the city, so I'm not familiar with most of the restaurants downtown. I was only at Mallorca once, but it was great.

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Oh my, that's hard to choose! It's between Salem (setting of Days of Our Lives) and Broken Arrow, OK (setting of the House of Night book series).

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? No one specific thing comes to mind, but DH has done a ton of kind things of course. One time he snuck into my room at college and put up a ton of "I love you" sticky notes on my wall on V-Day. That sticks out a bit...

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? This was my question of course...we went for the first time last year and loved it! I can't wait to go again this year, probably a couple of times since my parents will be here, and my friend is visiting.

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? For the most part, no- I'm sure almost everyone has at least one. There are barely any secrets between DH and I b/c I cannot keep my mouth shut for the life of me, but I am sure there has been something in passing that I never told him. No long standing secrets though.

8. Do you shave your legs every day? No, but I probably should. Embarassed I normally do every other day.

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? A little boutique with unique clothes and accessories (it would be affordable though, not like the high-end boutiques in my area).

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? Nope

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pasta!

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? This is ficticious, but Edward Cullen. For real. I don't like Rob as much as I like his character. I know, I am such a teeny bopper! Tongue out

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc... Celebrating our wedding anniversary (!), warmer weather, and the cherry blossoms.

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? My dream job is to work as a translater/interpreter at the UN.

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? No, but I wish I had taken the time to do them this week, esp. since I'm wearing peep-toe sandals today.

17. What's for lunch? Salad, Cheese-its, and an apple
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer?it was always beer until recently- now I've been all about the wine!

2. Favorite store you like to shop online?ebay- not really a store, I know. but I love going on there and finding the most random stuff!

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Patron- a mexican restaurant on McKnight. yum!

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? hmm... maybe the house from the book the secret garden

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? umm... this is a tough one. I really don't know. My BMs are being wonderful with helping my plan and planning a wonderful shower

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? no- but I might try to convince Kim to go with me some time!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? I do- just because my FI and I tell each other everything- but I think every couple has their own way of doing things

8. Do you shave your legs every day?Hah!! no.

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? a scrapbooking business! teach people how to do it and get paid to do it

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? to an extent I guess

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? and not kepe the calories? maybe my Mom's apple pie- yum!

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? I really have no idea

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc... free Italian ice at Ritas!  lol. probably the weather and being able to go outside again

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?dunno- but I would love to have really flexible hours and never work on fridays, and be able to work from home if I need to. and have a ton of vaca days! lol.

15. Beach or mountains? mountains. although I love the beach as well

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? nope- although just the other day I took off my green nail polish I had for St. Patty's day! (lol- I couldnt leave that bright of a color on for more than 3 days)

17. What's for lunch? free pizza that I'm eating right now! yum!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer?
    Yingling

Victoria Secret

Hofbrauhaus. I'm not sure if that's my favorite though. I've only been there once and just want to go back asap.

Bon Temps, Louisana

FI is the kindest person I've ever met. He's always doing nice things for me, I can't pick one specific thing.

No, but I would love to go someday.

No, I think everyone has secrets.

If it's warm, then yes. Probably every other day when it's colder.

I would love to own a cute little coffee shop! I would probably end up drinking all the inventory.

Nope.

A simple turkey & provolone cheese sandwich on 12 grain bread.

Uncle Jessy!

The weekends, when FI and I work in the yard, gardening, etc. The smell of fresh cut grass. <3

I would love to work for Google.

15. Beach or mountains?
    Beach

All black

17. What's for lunch?
    A fish sandwich from the local fire hall fish fry.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Beer

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? etsy, ebay, amazon

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? eleven

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Hogwarts, as long as I had magic :p

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? I don't know

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? no - it depends on the relationship

8. Do you shave your legs every day? definitely not in the winter, I'd say almost in the summer

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? Hmm.. not sure - cafe, book store maybe

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? no

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? bagel sandwich

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? Jim from The Office ;p

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  nice weather

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? not sure really - something working with animals

15. Beach or mountains? beach

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? No

17. What's for lunch? sandwich, yogurt, pear
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_long-friday-compilation-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:c8814661-7021-4c96-b03a-a2ac140dd7bbPost:2559beb2-e800-4821-bfd7-6f2a00417e76">Re: Long Friday compilation poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE] 6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? no- but I might try to convince Kim to go with me some time!
    Posted by marburs[/QUOTE]

That would be fun- you should come down for it sometime! I am pretty much just as excited about it this year as I was last year seeing them for the first time.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer?
    This is an impossible decision!  Beer wins slightly.

Gilt Groupe.

Probably Mad Mex :)  I loved Passport Cafe until it closed, and Eleven and Sonoma Grille are other favorites.

Gossip Girl!  Mostly for the clothes and vacations, a little bit for Chuck Bass :)

I spent the summer between junior and senior year of college working in Alabama in a small town where I knew absolutely no one, and FI and I had broken up for a couple of months.  The women in my office were amazing mentors, personally and professionally, and took me in like their own daughter and helped me through a very difficult time.  Looking back, it was probably the most formative time in my life in terms of developing independence and setting the basis for my future career.

Yes, and I marched in the parade one year with my high school dance team.

Hmmm, for the most part, yes.  There are some things legally that FI can't tell me about his job, though, so there are always exceptions like this.

More like every other day most of the year, but in summer, I shave every day.

Either a cool bookstore/vegetarian cafe or a travel company that specializes in "voluntourism."

Yep :)  I used to buy wedding magazines occasionally in high school!

Macaroni and cheese.

Joseph Fiennes from "Shakespeare in Love."

Al fresco dining.

One day I hope to run a foundation that specializes in international women's rights.

15. Beach or mountains?
    Mountains.

Yes, both- fingernails are shiny silver and toenails are watermelon.

17. What's for lunch?
    Leftover pasta with peas and mushrooms in vodka sauce.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Always wine NEVER beer

2. Favorite store you like to shop online?Victoria's Secret and NY & Co.

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Eleven or Sir Pizza

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Well it's a real place, but I'd live in Forks with the vampires and the werewolves:-)

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? That is really tough.  My parents surprised me and came down to see me get a teacher of the year award for my county.  I couldn't beleive they drove down here on a school night-so that was really cool.

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? Never and we live fairly close!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses?Yes I do-FI and I pretty much tell each other everything.

8. Do you shave your legs every day?Are you crazy?  HECK NO!  In the winter I get to it about once a week-in the summer it's about every 2 or 3 days.

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? Some type of craft store.

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? Not really-I knew I wanted a blue wedding but beyomd that-NO.

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? hmmm...probobly pasta-I love it!

No idea
    13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  The weather!

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I always kind of wanted to be a bounty hunter-I think ti would be really cool.

15. Beach or mountains? BEACH

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? No I never paint my fingernails-I am getting a pedicure this weekend though

17. What's for lunch? Pita chips and hummus plus a yoplait yogart
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun!

1. Wine or beer? Wine!!

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? Does Jcrew count?? I generally don't like buying online but if I had to pick one strictly online store, it would be Etsy... I'm obsessed! :)

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? I love Hibachi... we usually go to Ichiban when I come home... I can't think, off the top of my head, of any places that are 'only' in Pittsburgh that I love...

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Probably Hogworts :)

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? When my fire happened and I wasn't there to attend any of the meetings after, my BFF went in my place - even though she had tons of stuff of her own to do... she got all the info for me and I couldn't be more thankful...

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? YES!!! Obsessed... it is SO incredibly beautiful!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? I do... I can't keep secerets very well :-/ but there are some select things I might choose not to tell FI... example being some clothes I buy b/c he thinks I waste alot of my money...

8. Do you shave your legs every day? Not a chance!! Luckily, I don't have to shave that often :)

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? Spa or clothing store

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? YES!

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? ohhh this is a hard one... I'd have to say my grandma's soup - it's the BEST ever!

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? If he was still alive, Heath Ledger... I was majorly obsessed with him :)

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  Weather and flowers - I LOVE spring!!

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Fashion designer... or party planner...

15. Beach or mountains? Beach... but I do love skiing (hate the cold however!)

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? Yes - fingernails are VERY light pink... look clear though - and toes are a french manicure

17. What's for lunch? I had subway! Yummy! 6" BMT on Honeyoat toasted :)
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Sangria? More of a mixed drink kind of girl though

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? Amazon

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Le Pommier, Kaya, Six Penn

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Hmm, no clue.

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? I'm allergic to lettuce (all greens) and at the Melting Pot since I couldn't eat the salad, they actually made a salad out of all the yummy veggies. It seems lame but I was so touched. I just thought I'd get a couple of tomatoes and carrots.

No but def. want to go

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? No

8. Do you shave your legs every day? Unless I'm under the weather...yes

Travel agency (back in the day before the Internet killed them) or a cooking school in a foreign country for English speaking people (kinda what Julia Childs did with her two French friends in France)

No

Cous cous or baked ziti

I recently became obsessed with the Twilight series over the last month so I'd have to say Edward Cullen. Although I HATE the movie's portrayal of his character. Humphrey in Casablanca or Clark in GWTW for classic movie guys.

Flowers, staying light later, knowing that summer is on its way!

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Working for the state department and being stationed at an embassy/consulate abroad or being the director of an international program.

15. Beach or mountains?
    Beach-only because I love the water. Not to necessarily swim/sunbathe (way too pale) but I just love the views.

Suprisingly no...

17. What's for lunch?
    Bagel and banana
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • jaimed99jaimed99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Generally beer

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? I don't really shop online but I like to look at stuff on wedding favor/gift sites...

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Right now, Jimmy Wan's in Fox Chapel...

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Wonderland...but only if it's the Syfy version and I could have Hatter...I am SUCH a fangirl...

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? Tough question...I can't think of any...

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? No...my best friend goes like every year and I want to tag along some time!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? 9/10 of the time, if someone tells me a secret, they've told my FI because we're friends with the same people, but if not, most of them know they can trust him if I tell him...

8. Do you shave your legs every day? No...

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? A bakery

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? Not really

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Cheerios

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? Hatter...see #4

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc... the weather warming up

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Food Network chef/baker

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? I don't paint my nails...

17. What's for lunch? Cheerios haha
  • jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Wine.  The cheaper and sweeter  the better. 

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? I don't buy much online.  But I window shop alot.

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Try to stay out of the burgh.  Don't really have one.

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Not sure...

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? When I was separated from my first husband, my best friends and teammates played Santa for my daughter because it wasn't financially possible for me to do it.  There were TONS of stuff for her -- and me too.
    6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC?   Never heard of it.  But I'll check it out online.

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? Generally.  The truth always comes out -- if it needs to.

8. Do you shave your legs every day? As if it were a choice.  I think I'm part gorilla.

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be?  Not sure

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? No, I didn't need a man.  I was gonna use and abuse and send them home!

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza.

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? Have to think about that one.

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc... Feeling the sun shine down on me and the get-togethers/parties.

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?  I used to want to be a Rock Star Recruiter.  Now I want to be the person that replaces Dear Abby.

15. Beach or mountains? Beach I guess.  I just hate the cold but scared of hurricanes.  I need a happy medium!

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? No.  but will get a pedicure before tootsies come out for the nice weather.

17. What's for lunch?  Church fish fry.  Fish, mac and cheese, and a brownie to go....hey where is my brownie?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_long-friday-compilation-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:c8814661-7021-4c96-b03a-a2ac140dd7bbPost:d301b546-f425-4336-b448-f6cdb128771d">Re: Long Friday compilation poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC?   Never heard of it.  But I'll check it out online.
    Posted by jezebell[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, seriously? Sorry, this isn't meant to be snarky, but you don't know about the beautiful cherry blossom trees that bloom every spring for a few weeks around Washington, DC? Here is the official website- I think everyone needs to experience it at least once.

<a href="http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390">http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390</a> 
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Wine

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? Zappos.com

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? El Campasino and  Bravo

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Couples Retreat/Bora Bora

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? Is it sad that I can't think of one? 

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? No, but it does look beautiful!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? I do not believe their are secrets between spouses.  Although, I do enjoy surprises that are kept secret! :)

8. Do you shave your legs every day?  No!  Although, DF and I don't live together, that may change....

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? It would be an event planning business.

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? Maybe not since a little girl, but certainly after 2 years of dating DF.

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh boy, there are things that I really love, but for the rest of my life?  I would say dark chocolate

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? Dr. Derek Shepherd.

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  I love spring, sun shine, flowers, long walks

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I would be a pastry chef

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? Nope

17. What's for lunch? Nothing really to speak of
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer?
    Wine! Red specifically!
    Ooooh, um...Unique Vintage
    Cafe du Juor on South Side
    Camelot
    Once I was at Whole Foods and realized I couldn't buy the last items because I didn't have enough money. The woman behind me gave me $20 to cover the rest of the goodies I wanted.
    No! But would love to sometime!
    No
    Not quite. At least every other day in summer though, for sure
    small restaurant
    no
    pizza
    Movie--Liev Schreiber,  TV--Jeremy Sisto from Law & Order. But if I had to pick one, It'd definitely be Liev!
    flowers and baseball season!
    Actress or Director
    15. Beach or mountains?
    Beach
    toenails--pink
    17. What's for lunch?
    I had a fish sandwich!
    Crosswalk
  • moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    very fun!

1. Wine or beer? wine (unless its bar food, then a beer)

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? i online windowshop - so its all game ;-)

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?  Sweet Basil

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? myst

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? FI took care of me after surgery - hands down

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? not yet... field trip?

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? no - even if you don't do it intentionally, there's always something you don't tell

8. Do you shave your legs every day? nope - might be a good idea though :-o

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be? rep cinema

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? no - maybe that's way i feel lost now!

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? pineapple! burn my tastebuds, citric acid, i can take it!

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? James Bond (Connery or Craig - yum!)

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  i guess green grass?

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? personal archivist to the ruler of a nation

15. Beach or mountains? beach

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? toes are tangerine! hey, its springy

17. What's for lunch? no idea - maybe taco bell... eh

i like these poll things - its like a happy getting to know you session
  • jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love these.  I like reading everyone's answers.
  • AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Don't like the taste of either

2. Favorite store you like to shop online? HHmmm... Don't usually shop online for anything fun! I like the mall!

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Church Brew Works... Haven't been there in YEARS

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose? Gilligan's Island

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you? My little brother just offered to loan us extra money for the downpayment! AND he just got back from the Peace Corps and doesn't really have money!

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? Yep!

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses? Depends what the other person's secret is. I'd like to say yes, but I'd probably spill....

8. Do you shave your legs every day? Most days

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be?  A rehab center for disabled children in a developing country.  If it had to be a traditional money-making business, I'd say a travel agency!

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? Absolutely! Our ceremony musician said that helped speed up our meeting quite a bit! My fiance wonders why I had so much time when I was 12.....

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Apples with peanut butter

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband? It was Jason from the Bachelor until he dumped Melissa... then George from Grey's Anatomy before he died.... I'm out of luck on this one.

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc... Opening the windows and smelling the fresh air, and longer days!

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? MINE! (um, with a raise and no more weekends, that is!) OR working in that rehab center in a developing country (or two)  :):)

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color? Yep- pink. I was trying out nail salons for the wedding! Not so happy that the gel nails the lady convinced me to try are breaking off...

17. What's for lunch? Actually remembered today is a Friday during Lent, so I had a veggie lasagna
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. Wine or beer? Hmmm, if I have to pick one, I guess beer.

2. Favorite store you like to shop online?  Amazon

3. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?  Again, if I have to pick just one...The Sushi House/New Dumpling House in Squirrel Hill.

4. If you had to live for three years in a 'fantasy' place from TV/Movies/Literature, which place would you choose?  Any place from one of Jimmy Buffett's books!

5. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?  The summer I got my first "real" job and was planning to move 4 hours away, I was in three weddings and attended three more.  I kept joking that single people just starting out should get a shower, too.  Well, one of the girls whose wedding I was in ended up throwing me a surprise "shower" with a bunch of my friends there, and they all brought me gifts to help set up my first apartment.  It was so sweet and so unexpected. 

6. Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? No.

7. Do you believe that there are no secrets (even other people's secrets) between spouses?  No.

8. Do you shave your legs every day?  Not now.  Maybe after FI moves in.

9. If you could open up any kind of business, what would it be?  A floral shop.

10. Have/Had you been planning your wedding since you were a little girl? Absolutely.  My best friend and I used to get out the JCPenney catalog when we had sleepovers and pick our gowns, bridesmaid dresses, rings, etc.  My FI laughs at me 'cause I actually have a close to 30 year old "wedding file" and have saved just about every invitation, program, etc. I've ever gotten (yes, I'm a big geek).

11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Nachos!

12. Who would be your TV or movie husband?  Hugh Jackman

13. What is your favorite part of spring:  flowers, school's almost out, picnics, etc...  Warm weather and seeing flowers just start to peek out of the ground.

14. What is your dream job/ If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?  Broadway actress/singer/dancer

15. Beach or mountains?  Beach!!!! 

16. Are your fingernails and/or toenails painted right now?  If so, what color?  Fingers have pink & white acrylics on, and toes aren't painted right now, which is unusual.  Just haven't had time to go for or give myself a pedi.

17. What's for lunch? Lean Cuisine Chicken, Spinach, Artichoke Panini & a Strawberry yogurt
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards