Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! I'm in love with a disney dress I can't get

I saw a picture of the Giselle dress when it first came out and fell in love with it. Of course, I wasn't engaged then and didn't even have a boyfriend. So I didn't buy it (even though a friend suggested I do and have it ready but I thought that would be crazy)

Any way now it is too late as they are discontinued

http://nwabride.blogspot.co.uk/2010_10_01_archive.html 

(scroll down bottom picture)

What's the best way to get hold of a discontinued dress? Im thinking of sending a block email out to ex stockists and second hand bridal stores and rentals but thats really clutching at straws

Re: Help! I'm in love with a disney dress I can't get

• You can search for a used dress on eBay or google "used" and the dress.

Or you can take a picture of the dress to a bridal shop and ask if they have anything similar. Talk to them about custom alterations to make it look how you want it to look. Be prepared to pay for it if that's what you really want.

I would advise you to keep an open mind. It sounds like you're really hung up on this dress. If you can't find it, I'm worried your expectations may set you up for disappointment when you don't find something exactly like it. There are literally thousands of beautiful dresses. If you keep an open mind, you will fall in love with another one. Good luck! :)
    *********************************************************************************

• yes you're right i'm just too hung up about it. I was just gonna get any old one from the charity shop, now no other dress will do!
  • @marshmallow1982 have you even tried that dress on?  If not then you need to move on.  What happens if you find the dress used online, buy it and then when you put it on you hate what it looks like on you?  This is why you should never fall in love with a dress from a picture.  Why not take the picture to local bridal salons and see what they have that is similar?  What is it about the dress that you love so much?  Is it the shape?  The embellishments?  Whatever it is then you should just focus on that aspect and not the entire dress.

• I think you should try on some dresses at a salon in a similar style so you at least have some idea what it is going to look like.  Here's some links to pre-owned wedding dresses, which may help you:
    http://www.stillwhite.ca/3873-kirstie-kelly-giselle-fishtail-ivory-size-8
  • I agree with PP, take a good photo of the dress to some local shops to see if they have anything similar so you can at least try the style of dress on and see how you look in it. I've seen it on often on say yes to the dress where women go in with a specific dress in mind and then fall in love with something totally different.
  • My "dream" dress looks nothing like the dress I picked out. I would sit there and stare at the pictures and imagine how good I would look in it. I didn't. The style was not flattering even though I thought it would be flattering to any body type.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards