Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Registry FAIL

So FI and I drove up to Pittsburgh yesterday with high hopes of registering at Macy's.  The plan was to go to the one in Ross Park Mall, but after lunch with my parents at Max's Tavern (YUM!) they talked us into going to the one in town, because it's bigger.

It was a disaster from the minute we got there.  I couldn't find an employee to help me register, when I did find one it wasn't the normal woman who helped with the registries.  The girls couldn't get the registry service to work-they were more concerned about planning their fictional weddings.  We sat there for a half hour before they told us to take a clipboard, write down everything we wanted, and they would have someone put it into the system today-I don't think so.  I was upset, FI was upset, and when we went to use the restrooms, it was just downright creepy.

The entire event was a nightmare and I will NEVER return to Macy's downtown.  So all in all -registry FAIL.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Registry FAIL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw that sucks. You should go to Bed Bath and Beyond. I swear they have most everything Macy's does and it is less expensive there. We ended up having a smallll Macy's registry because it didn't make much sense considering the prices.
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bummer! I'd say it was Macy's fail. I've only walked around the downtown Macy's for a few minutes here and there to waste time. Seems like that might be all it's good for.

Sorry you had such a bad time. Maybe that means next time will be that much more fun!
    image.
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had some problems with the Macy's downtown too.  I waited for almost 1 hour for the girl to see me and when she finally did, she was horrible to deal with, to the point where I walked out and went to Macy's at Robinson which was way better.  I alos registered at BB&B and the only thing that BB&B didn't have was my china so I took everything off my Macy's registry and put it on my BB&B registry.  Worked out for me!
    image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boo!  That stinks that you weren't able to register!  I've not had great customer service recently at Macys. 

Hopefully your next adventure is more successful!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at a Macy's in MD that has such a tiny home section...and then we randomly were at another mall a few weeks later and walked into a Macy's home store...the most perfect place to register, ever. 

My guess is that the downtown location just doesn't get that many people interested in registering there.  Sucky!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, the macy's downtown is creepy to the max! i can't stand it in there. i go to the tick tock cafe and right back out (and even the cafe is creepy in it's own way!). we initially registered at the macy's in robinson, then i did more myself at south hills village. you are able to go online and add to your registry, which i did for both macy's & bbb.

when we registered at bbb they took our macy's registry and duplicated what they had-so we had pretty much the same registry in 2 places, with the exception of a few things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, sorry you traveled to Pgh and ended up having such a bad experience. Registering can be overwhelming and a PITA, but the store employees should at least make it as fun as possible. I hope you have better luck next time!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely a customer service FAIL.  That's so annoying!  Are you going to try again at another Macy's or just go somewhere else entirely?  I think you should write a letter to headquarters letting them know about your bad experience, too!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's terrible!  Huge fail on their part.  Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh no. The Ross Park one is a million times better. And although downtown is 'bigger', it actually doesn't have nearly as much stuff in their home section... I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with it! Go to Ross Park- its much nicer and the people there are very nice. Even if you were to zip yourself in a suitcase...just waive the scanner and they'll let you do anything! (not that I would know...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Downtown Macy's is definitely not a good store... I heard some stories of some of the things that go on in the 6th or 7th floor mens room! EEEK  Like PP, I usually only go to go to Tik Tock!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_registry-fail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:c9b3aa9f-d42a-4576-85b5-273c834bbea8Post:e55a3d0f-c227-4f9c-9912-6891bc2336b5">Re: Registry FAIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even if you were to zip yourself in a suitcase...just waive the scanner and they'll let you do anything! (not that I would know...)
    Posted by marburs[/QUOTE]

Ha, I don't remember hearing that story ;)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, Sara. Hahahahaha!   I can imagine that so easily. :P

I had an easy time at the Macy's in Monroeville. And they had cupcakes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It had to have just been the store.  We did Macy's out here and had a really easy time.  They didn't pressure us or anything.  We started the registry online, finished in the store - in under 45 minutes.  I'd email corporate to let them know what happened.  They might even have something "extra" for you, you never know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  We were just super frusterated, but we are feeling better now.  Whoever said cupcakes though-NOW we're talking!
    Sara-do i even WANT to know about the suitcase??? LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards