Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Peeling skin

So I got a sunburn on my chest and shoulders last week, and now my skin is in the peeling stage.  My wedding is tomorrow, so I'm wondering if you guys have any recommendations for what I should do.  I've been moisturizing all week, and I used a body scrub, but this seems to only have helped minimally.  Any suggestions?

Re: Peeling skin

• Options
    I would do another scrub this afternoon followed by coco butter. I make a scrub out of coconut oil and white sugar that I really like. I'd lay the lotion on thick before you go to bed. If your wedding is late afternoon, I'd exfoliate in the morning also. Don't scrub too hard or you'll irritate your skin. 

That's about all you can do. Sorry this happened. Have fun tomorrow and try not to think about it!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

It sounds barbaric, but using duct tape (yes, really) to get off the extra skin scraps works pretty darn well.

Just lightly place a piece of duct tape (small piece at a time) on the peely skin. Remove. Repeat on new section with new piece of tape.

• Options
    itzMS said:

It sounds barbaric, but using duct tape (yes, really) to get off the extra skin scraps works pretty darn well.

Just lightly place a piece of duct tape (small piece at a time) on the peely skin. Remove. Repeat on new section with new piece of tape.

I would never think of duct tape. Aloe vera lotion. Moisturize like there is no tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards