Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Proper Etiquette on invitations for "Adult Wedding"

Hello,

My fiancee and I are planing our wedding and getting ready to send out the save the dates. We really want to express to our guests that this will be more of an adult wedding than one that will cater to children so to speak. there will be an open bar and our venue hours are from 7pm-midnight on a Friday night. I really dont want people drinking and driving by themselves, or with children for that matter. I also feel that an open bar is not necessarily the best place for a bunch of kids to be running around. The only children that will be there will be my 3 flower girls and my ring bearer. Which are my family.

Any suggestions how to put this out there on the invitations and our website?

thank you so much!

Re: Proper Etiquette on invitations for "Adult Wedding"

• Options

Hello,

My fiancee and I are planing our wedding and getting ready to send out the save the dates. We really want to express to our guests that this will be more of an adult wedding than one that will cater to children so to speak. there will be an open bar and our venue hours are from 7pm-midnight on a Friday night. I really dont want people drinking and driving by themselves, or with children for that matter. I also feel that an open bar is not necessarily the best place for a bunch of kids to be running around. The only children that will be there will be my 3 flower girls and my ring bearer. Which are my family.

Any suggestions how to put this out there on the invitations and our website?

thank you so much!

Address the invitation to the adults. That's all you'll have to do.

"Kate and Bob Smith" versus "The Smith Family".

If someone RSVPs with kids, you'll have to call them and tell them that you're unable to accomodate the children.

Do not put anything on your website.

• Options

Just address invitations to those invited, ie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."

If anyone responds with little Timmy, call them up and say sorry for the miscommunication, but the invitation was only for Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

• Options

THANK YOU SO MUCH LADIES!!! :)

• Options
    You can mention no kids when your reception comes up in casual conversation. Leave out the judgey parts however, i.e., the open bar, not a place for kids, drinking and driving.
  • Options
    You can have relatives spread the word but it should NOT be written on the save the dates, invitations, website or any other wedding correspondence.  

As previous posters have mentioned you just need to write who IS invited to the wedding on the envelope.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I had a kid-free wedding and worded my RSVP cards with

"Name(s)____________________________
    ___# attending ceremony
    ___# attending reception"

If anyone replied with a higher # or different name than was on the invitation, I would have followed up.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards