Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Father/Daughter Dance song...

My dad and I have a different relationship. I love him, and he is my father, but we haven't been very close in the last few years. My brother is walking me down the aisle, and my dad was disappointed by this (but it surprised me that he didn't realize that would happen). I told him that we would still be dancing.

I am trying to find a good song. I suggested to him one song that he used to play on the organ and we used to sing together to, but he doesn't seem to care for it (Fly Me to the Moon)... He suggested another Frank Sinatra song, but it's a very sappy love song that will not fit at all. 

I guess I am looking for some good song suggestions... We are not a Butterfly Kisses and Daddys Little Girl relationship type... so I just need something sweet and simple, a little affectionate, but not overly sappy... Thoughts??? :)

Re: Father/Daughter Dance song...

• Options
    One of my favorite F/D dances that I saw at a wedding, they danced to "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder.
  • Options
    How about My Girl by the Temptations.
  • Options

So I googled "non-sappy father daughter songs" and this is what popped up. Give them a listen or do some googling yourself and see what you come up with. I hope this helps a little.

1. “I Only See Sunshine” by the Box Tops
    2. “My Girl” by the Temptations
    3. “In My Life” by the Beatles
    4. “You Understand Me” by Sam Cooke
    5. “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker
    6. “You are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
    7. “Days Like This” by Van Morrison
    8. “Forever Young” by Bob Dylan
    9. “Que Sera Sera” by Sly and the Family Stone
    10. “To Sir with Love” by Lulu
    11. “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
    12. “Father & Daughter” by Paul Simon