Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Quick flower question

So I will be looking at flowers today to price them out, and I have a quick question.  I know that my older brother will be getting a boutonniere even though he is not a GM but he is my brother, but does his wife, my SIL get a corsage?  I'm not sure on the etiquette there.  I love her and care deeply about her, so I guess it may just come down to she gets one because I love her, and she is family.  I just didn't know if it is "protocol" or whatever.  I won't be getting a corsage for my younger brother's gf because they are neither married nor engaged, not to mention I've never met her in person.  I'll be meeting her for the first time in Oct when I go back to CA to visit my family (I live in IL and the wedding will be in IL).  But if I get my SIL a corsage, do I need to get my younger brother's gf one?  Anyways, help is appreciated it.  Thanks!

Anniversary

Re: Quick flower question

• Options
    I don't think there is really protocol with this. I would say that if you love your SIL and want to honor her, get her a corsage. Since you don't know your brother's GF at all, I really wouldn't find it all that odd if you didn't get her a corsage unless she's helping with the wedding in some fashion, then I would get her a corsage.
    Thank you.  Probably the best answer I could get.  She won't be helping with the wedding in any fashion, she will be graciously invited as a guest to enjoy the festivities and have a good time. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with the PP. It is an honor for your SIL to wear the corsage, but not for the gf because you don't know her. TBH if I got a corsage and I was just dating the brother, I'd feel a little odd especially if I wasn't close with the bride.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I don't get the concept of a corsage being an honor. I hate wearing them. Wrist ones feel high school, pin ons ruin an outfit.
  • Options
    I don't get the concept of a corsage being an honor. I hate wearing them. Wrist ones feel high school, pin ons ruin an outfit.
    I'm with this. If I were you, I would skip it for anyone who isn't in the bridal party. 
  • Options
    I'm with this. If I were you, I would skip it for anyone who isn't in the bridal party. 

Agreed. We limited ours to Parents and Grandparents. No one can argue with that or feel "left out"

• Options
    We aren't doing corsages at all.  Neither of our mothers want to wear one and told us not to spend the money.   Bouquet for me, bouts for FI and DS and that's it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards