Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

No Kids at wedding reception

What is the best way to make sure its clear that I am having no kids at my wedding?  

Re: No Kids at wedding reception

• Options
    edited September 2013

Address the invitation to those who are invited. If they add someone on the reply card, contact them to advise it is an adult only event. 

ETA: I feel like this is a spinoff joke from the last one but I answered it JIC it's not.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    I think ill be going with option 3!!  Thank you!

• Options

banana468 said:
    Please stay away from the thre thread on Invites and Paper.    It's a jungle in there. 
    That's why I avoided linking to it. Blech.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    Opps. Sorry. I just couldn't face another thread on this.
  • Options
    I think PDHK said it best with #3
    imageimageimage

• Options
    PDKH said:
    If you think your friends and family are etiquette idiots, refer to Step 1. 

If you DO NOT think your friends and family are etiquette idiots, refer to Step 2. 

If you want to insert something in your invitation, refer to step 3. 

1. Spread by word of mouth that no kids are invited. List only the parents name on the envelope. Either fill in the names yourself on your RSVP card, or list the number of seats reserved on your RSVP card. Call and clarify with anyone who still rudely tries to write in their kids. 

Example: 
    2 Seats have been reserved in your honor. 

Bob Smith __Will Attend ___ Will not Attend
    Sarah Smith __Will Attend ___Will not Attend

2. Spread by word of mouth. Address the invitation only to those actually invited. Done and done.

3. Tape fruit to your crotch. Take a picture of it. Add that big red circle with a line through it. Add the caption, "No fruit of your loins invited." Insert copy of picture into each invitation set. 
    I love the "No crotch fruit option"! LOL
  • Options
    I simply put Adults Only on my invite. 3 weeks away and havent had anyone say a word or try to add kids to the RSVP.
  • Options
    keisha520 said:
    I simply put Adults Only on my invite. 3 weeks away and havent had anyone say a word or try to add kids to the RSVP.
  • Options
    keisha520 said:
    At this point, there are no words.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards