Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Mixture of older and younger flower girls

I have three flower girls and one of them is a little older. I was thinking of maybe having the younger two wear a more princess-type dress and throwing the flowers, and the older one walk behind them in a more grown-up dress carrying a pomerander or maybe the "Here Comes the Bride" sign. Is that odd?

Re: Mixture of older and younger flower girls

• Options
    Doesn't sound odd to me. Sounds adorable.
  • Options
    It sounds cute to me though talk to the moms, especially of the older girl and see where they are at and what they think they will like.
  • Options
    092410 said:
    I have three flower girls and one of them is a little older. I was thinking of maybe having the younger two wear a more princess-type dress and throwing the flowers, and the older one walk behind them in a more grown-up dress carrying a pomerander or maybe the "Here Comes the Bride" sign. Is that odd?

Sounds lovely, except for the sign.
  • Options
    What are the ages?
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    092410 said:

Sounds lovely, except for the sign.
    This.  Not everything needs a cutesy sign.   Everyone knows the bride is coming.  :D
    Cosigned.

Anniversary

• Options
    Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2013
    I think the three young ladies with the one carrying the pomander sound perfectly sweet, minus the sign as PPs mentioned.
  • Options
    Lose the sign.  Other than that, having the older girl carry a pomander sounds nice.
  • Options
    I think it sounds really cute. I happen to like the signs so I think that would be really cute. Of course you don't "need" a sign. Really the only thing you "need' for a wedding is a bride, groom, and officiant. Everything else is just fluff and the sign is cute fluff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards