Attire & Accessories Forum

Sottero & Midgley gown help!

Hey all. I have the Sottero & Midgley "Brenda" gown in ivory that I bought from a place in town that sells discontinued gowns, and their sample gowns. So I got the dress for an amazing price. I noticed that the corset string (not sure what it is actually called) is very wrinkled and has a few spots where the seam split. I could have my seamstress fix it and try to get it all straight and what not, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a website, or anything that sells replacement corset strings for wedding gowns. I've googled it but it literally brings up like shoe laces for actual corsets.

And also, it has a few makeup spots or body makeup from others trying it on at the store. They're not terribly visible, but I would like to get them removed. Does anyone know if it is safe to bring the dress to a dry cleaners? The place I bought my dress from said do not bring it because dry cleaners use a stone to bang out the stains in the dress, (I had never heard of this before) and they told us to either have it steamed or buy a steamer and steam it ourselves. Well, glad I didn't because both labels in the dress say, 'Do Not Steam'.

So I am at a loss. I'll wear it either way, but just want it to be spruced up a little bit. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks!!

Re: Sottero & Midgley gown help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards