Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help finding Kilts

Hi Ladies,

My groom wants to do kilts for him and his groomsmen. Only issue is having trouble finding a good place to rent\buy from. Some places online seem shady and trying to find a more local (VA, MD, PA area) store. Does anyone have any ideas??? 

Thank you from a Bride trying to make her Groom's day just as special!

Re: Help finding Kilts

• Options
    Does he have a family tartan?  If so, then the kilts have to be the specific colours/pattern of that.  I am not familiar with things in your area, but I think if you went to a seamstress he or she might be able to make some for the groom and groomsmen with his family tartan (if he does have one).  
  • Options
    My husband has a nice casual kilt from USA Kilts (link) in southeast PA. You might want to try your local boards too.
  • Options
    Check with your local (scottish/irish) clubs if you have any. Chances are they have vendors either locally or online that they can recommend. I haven't heard of being able to rent them. But be prepared, depending on fabric, they can get pricey $200+ per kilt
  • Options
    Yeah, kilts are expensive!

My FI wants one so he can go to ren faires with me, and the ones I was looking at were about $150 to $175 or so, depending on the yardage of the kilt online.  We have a local place (Things Celtic <---linky) that does a 'Budget Kilt' for $110, or custom kilts made in Scotland for $500-$800.

I hadn't known before, but our local joint rents kilts too, so perhaps you could find a local shop that does rentals?

Just make sure he's not wearing undies under his kilt, otherwise, it's a SKIRT!  ;)

Plus, kilt checks are fun.  *g*
    (Those are both tongue in cheek giggles for amusement)
  • Options

Try to find a local Scottish Import shop.  If they don't rent them there, they should be able to refer you to somewhere that does.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards