Wedding Woes
Options

It's Friday

6fsn6fsn member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited September 2013 in Wedding Woes

You know the drill. 

I'm taking the kids to the zoo and stalking a package I sent to the wrong house.  Tomorrow is soccer and MIL coming.  I kind of want to go to trader Joe's Sunday.  I've never been.  6let had plantain chips at preschool and loved them.  The mom got them there.

Speaking of preschool moms.  I will not be having another playdate with amazon, swanky mom.  She's far too laid back and her kid isn't very nice.

Re: It's Friday

• Options
    Trader Joe's is awesome. I love it there. They have soy ice cream bars that are so yummy and kinda good for you. I am working 13 hrs today, tomorrow and Sunday. I have no life right now :'(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Go to Trader Joe's.  You won't be disappointed.  I love that place.

I'm getting off work early today and we're heading to Knoxville, TN to visit SIL and BIL.  I still have to finish packing and go to the store on my lunch break.  We've been such packing slackers for our last few trips. 

• Options

And because I can.  My Friday loung-a-baby

• Options
    And it's strange when people you know from different aspects of life are posting to the same person/group.  It happened with zsa and a girl my sister went to hs with.  Now some people I went to hs with and some current friends are posting birthday wishes to the same person.
  • Options

We have a baseball game tomorrow and a soccer game on sunday.  The ILs want the kids overnight saturday.  DH and I don't know whether to go out on a date or stay in and sleep.

I have to find dresses for the girls for a wedding next weekend.  And shoes.  Don't let me down, Target.

We actually have two weddings next weekend.  But now we can't make the sunday wedding.  We might be able to hit the reception, but DD1 has a soccer game.  And with all the no show/inform 4 days in advance talk this week, I don't know what I should do.

• Options
    @tawillers- is there anyone else that could take her?  Or would you consider skipping?  We skipped a game for a bday party so I wouldn't think twice about missing a game for a wedding.  Especially this late in the game.
  • Options

Eh, I don't want to miss her game and I know DH doesn't ether.  We didn't have a schedule back when we had to rsvp, so I had no idea we'd have a conflict.

We still might be able to make the reception, but I'm not really sure.

• Options
    Best picture, @6fsn!

Tomorrow H is studying in the morning and then we have a birthday party in the afternoon. 

Sunday I'm going to venture into the land of synagogue sisterhood events and see if there are any younger women involved. I'd like to make some friends. Hopefully it's not just the mah jong crowd. Sunday afternoon while H studies, DD and I will take a drive out to see my mom.
  • Options
    I'm getting a pedicure tomorrow and going to a birthday party at night.  Other than that, finishing up house projects while we still can and relaxing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    PirateBarbiePirateBarbie member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    @tawillers - when did you get the soccer schedule? if you knew about the game 2-3 weeks before the wedding, you could have at least let the couple know about the conflict before they had to give the final count to the caterer. 

I'd skip the game - you had prior plans. 

I have to work today, so I'm a little cranky. I may go to my winemaker meeting tonight, or may send DK. He's planning to bottle his beer this weekend, and I think he'll need another case of empties. We don't have anything specific planned for this weekend, so we'll probably relax at home since we were OOT last weekend. 
  • Options
    I wish you were closer Barbie.  I have 100+ empty bottles in my garage.  I'd gladly give you some.  :) 

Are you guys going to eventually get a keg set up?   Do you have the conditioning pellets or is DK going to make the sugar solution?

We have not had time to brew.  I told Mr.Conn that I wanted to get on it next weekend.  I miss our beer.
  • Options

I got the schedule yesterday.  We were on vacation when the practices started and the coach handed everything out then.  I asked for the schedule twice before I got it last night.

I know it doesn't matter, but there is no caterer.  The bride's family is making soups and sandwiches for their casual backyard wedding.  Like I said, we might still be able to make it.

• Options
    @mrs.conn23 - DK made the sugar solution for his first batch and it turned out well. 

I'm not letting him think the keg will be an option until we have someplace to put it - like a new/bigger house. He just bought a 75gal fish tank set-up  (used, fantastic price), so once again, our sectional is not going to be a sectional. 

damn lack of basements in Houston....
  • Options
    Morning. Finally got a good night's sleep and I feel much better. I'm so ready for the weekend. DH has promised to do a bunch of chores so my anxiety over not having anything taken care of by the time the baby comes should subside (somewhat). I washed my Pack N' Play last night so I can get that set up in our room soon. Oh, and I was finally able to get my breast pump ordered which is awesome!
  • Options
    I am getting breakfast in me before I start some cleaning and cooking for the weekend. Got Bean off to day care and to her most favorite lady there so get day if off to a rocking start.

@Pmeg819 did you get it through your insurance? I couldn't until after Bean was born, and even that wasn't as easy as I would have hoped. But at least I got it!
  • Options
    @jojobrn I did. My insurance company added two new providers who do nothing but supply breast pumps. I was able to order online without any issues- they bill insurance, take care of it all for you. It was awesome because I was trying to go through the DME provider and they were a PITA.
  • Options
    Weekend will start tonight with a well-earned beer and foam roller session.

Then tomorrow morning dad and I will be doing a race---and registering that morning.  Which NEVER happens, I posed this race to him on Wednesday and what became a *ho hum* reception to the idea was a *yeah lets do it* by yesterday.  I think it also helps that that he and my mom were out of the house while people were touring it, they just listed it on Tuesday....

So yes, new race...maybe some lounging around.  I REALLY REALLY REAAALLLY need to clean my house.  Like really.  No...serious.
  • Options
    Yeah, a friend was able to go online, pick the one she wanted out etc as well. I had to call, have a request put in to a DME, wait for them to call, then wait fir then to ship it. And I had no choice in the brand. Thankfully it was a double electric, so I at least got that.

I saw a review of lactation support provided by insurers now with letter grades, mine got a B+, but I didn't have to use anything else beyond the pump.
  • Options
    I'm jealous you got to pick out your pump and order it online.  I basically got a stripped down version of the Medela PISA, minus some successories and tote bag.  The durable medical supply was a PITA.  BCBS was awesome and gave me a billing code for "electric breast pump" since I'm still pregnant.  I can get one per year so maybe come January 1st when I want to get a second to leave at work, it'll be easier to deal with. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ali, I got the same. I am now second guessing that choice so I may order another one come the new year if I don't like it. I figured I already had most of the Medela stuff that I could reuse.
  • Options
    Taw- I'll be honest.  That's kind of crappy to skip a wedding for a 4 yo soccer game. 
  • Options

I know.  I truly understand and I do feel bad.

But in this situation, given our relationship with bride and groom, if I have to choose who to disappoint, it's not going to be my kid.  Like I said, we'll do the best we can to make it after the game.

• Options
    PMeg819 said:
    Ali, I got the same. I am now second guessing that choice so I may order another one come the new year if I don't like it. I figured I already had most of the Medela stuff that I could reuse.

I've got the Medela Double Electric and it is no different that the PISA I had with C other than color and the cooler is built in (and it didn't come with a battery pack, but that shit sucked anyway).
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options

Meeting with our site coordinator tonight and then going to see my brother's band at a bar. Tomorrow going to Ikea & to get my lingerie for the big day then going to see my dad's band play and having a few drinks! Sunday writing our speech & doing the seating chart display.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards