Attire & Accessories Forum

Since you ladies are legendary...

Where the heck do I find this dress?
(Or one pretty darn similar?)

I've been in love with this dress since ever but can't find it or anything like it anywhere :(

The overall shape is the most important part, to me. The shiny material, not-so-much.

Thanks in advance.
So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Re: Since you ladies are legendary...

• On the other hand, I've actually only just noticed the big train-y bit at the bottom... That, I could live without.
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • That one is by Essense of Australia D961 it appears

This Alfred Angelo is a similar styling.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Bridal-Collection/206/?pg=1

doeydo
  • You could always have the train shorten or removed completely if you want.

doeydo
  • Definitely Essence of Australia.

Anniversary

• I'm sure your seamstress could add similar sleeves to this dress:

http://allurebridals.com/products/8683#

Its not exactly what you want but just an idea.
    *********************************************************************************

• @itzMS and @Dreamergirl8812
    You ladies are like, genius! How on Earth did you know that? I googled, you're spot on, and they have a store 20 minutes away from me!!

@southernbelle0915
    That dress is actually beautiful, and I'm going to have a look through their website too. I think that one makes second choice if the EoA one doesn't work out.

@Maggie0829
    I never even thought of that!

See, I knew you ladies were awesome.
    Thank you so much :)
  • Hmm... It's around £800(GBP, I know the pound sign doesn't always show).

Is that a stupidly AWish amount for a dress?
  • Legu said:
    Hmm... It's around £800(GBP, I know the pound sign doesn't always show). Is that a stupidly AWish amount for a dress?
    No, I don't think so. That's about $1300US. It all depends on your budget though. If your budget can swing it, get what you want. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you so much :)

We're going to look at setting some sort of budget. We're fairly easy-come-easy-go people, kinda three days after pay-day, all our bills go out, after that, or money is "free" for the month.
    Basically, we're the sort that would put the deposit plus X on a venue one month, then pay it off the next. We don't really stick to a budget, so gonna have to sit and figure that out and keep to it, or we'll end up dropping loads on a party for no reason.
  • Legu said:

Thank you so much :)

We're going to look at setting some sort of budget. We're fairly easy-come-easy-go people, kinda three days after pay-day, all our bills go out, after that, or money is "free" for the month.
    Basically, we're the sort that would put the deposit plus X on a venue one month, then pay it off the next. We don't really stick to a budget, so gonna have to sit and figure that out and keep to it, or we'll end up dropping loads on a party for no reason.

[How is one to escape the quote box??]

I clicked as soon as I hit post, and can't figure out how to edit via mobile...

It's not at all a "party for no reason", (it's a party for a bloody good reason, actually), I just mean that for us personally, we're having an approx. 10 people wedding, so a party (in the obvious sense), is pointless.

Just don't want anyone to take offense over a mistake.
  • Oh for goodness sale. Then I thought I was in the quote box and I wasn't.

I'm so done right now.
  • Legu said:
    @itzMS and @Dreamergirl8812 You ladies are like, genius! How on Earth did you know that? I googled, you're spot on, and they have a store 20 minutes away from me!! @southernbelle0915 That dress is actually beautiful, and I'm going to have a look through their website too. I think that one makes second choice if the EoA one doesn't work out. @Maggie0829 I never even thought of that! See, I knew you ladies were awesome. Thank you so much :)
    I cyber stalked E of A for awhile. I ended up with a WTOO dress though.

Anniversary

• Legu said:
    Hmm... It's around £800(GBP, I know the pound sign doesn't always show). Is that a stupidly AWish amount for a dress?
    Not at all.  If it is within your budget and you feel willing to spend that amount on a dress, then go for it.

I had a EoA dress and mine was about $1200.  And when I tried it on I made the dumb move of forgetting to tell my consultant my budget.  Of course when I fell in love with it I was very afraid that it was going to be way over my budget but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.  I think that EoA dresses look and feel a lot more expensive then what the prices reflect.

• Hmm.

Dress budget is still in the works.
    Most important was venue (nailed), then food (on it), then will be music, additional requirements for cocktail hour, gifts, photography, then dress.
    I think.

I figured out what it is I love so much about that dress. Of all things, it's the waist and shape. I love that the bodice and skirt are one flowing piece rather than a "join", if that makes sense? (I'm not a dress person, can you tell? Lol).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards