Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Same hosts, multiple showers/events... gift question

First off, let me say hello again.  It's been months since I've come to the knot.  I think I just got WAY overloaded about all the wedding planning (event planning is not my forte!) and have had many other very stressful issues come up in my life (sick pets, sick family, work, bleh bleh bleh...)

Anyways, on to the question.  Now that things are starting to pick up I have a lot of events and things scheduled in the last months before the wedding, and I have a question about gifts for the event hosts.I have two MOHs, and they each chose to throw an event for me.  However, I do feel like they are helping each other a bit.  Example- one is technically planning the bachelorette party, but the other is helping, and the opposite is happening for a shower.  So I have two questions about this:

One, would you give both MOHs a gift at each event so neither feels left out, or would you just focus the gift on the person that is taking the lead?  And two, should I be giving a gift for each event (which would be a little smaller and less expensive, like a starbucks giftcard with a heartfelt thank you card) or one, slightly more expensive, gift (of course still with the heartfelt thank you!) for all they have chosen to do for me?  I just really want to make sure they both know how much I appreciate all they are doing!  Which do you think would be better?

Re: Same hosts, multiple showers/events... gift question

• Options
    edited October 2013
    It's not required that you give them a gift. If you want to, I would give them both a gift at whatever the first event is and write in the card how much you appreciate them planning BOTH events. That way you can get it all taken care of at once and thank them both equally.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I wouldn't give a Starbucks card. That feels very impersonal for people you are so close to. I agree with southernbelle- one gift each at the first event.
  • Options
    My MOH planned my shower with a lot of input and support (physical and financial) from 2 of my BM - so I got them all hostess gifts because, in truth, they were all the hosts of the party. 

My thought - if you're pretty confident that they're working together, I'd give them both a hostess gift at the shower, and give them both a smaller thing (sbux gift card is perfect) at the bachelorette party. 

• Options
    I wouldn't give a Starbucks card. That feels very impersonal for people you are so close to. I agree with southernbelle- one gift each at the first event.
    Of the weddings I've been involved in as either a BM or a reader the Starbucks gift card was my absolute favorite thank you gift that I received.  I've received, beautiful ones, thoughtful ones, completely useless things that got trashed, but that was the one that was the most useful to me.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys!  This sounds perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards