New York-Long Island

Larkfield Manor or Carlyle on the Green??

Totally torn...trying to decide between the recently remodeled Larkfield Manor and Carlyle on the Green.  Anyone have any recommendations as of late?  

Re: Larkfield Manor or Carlyle on the Green??

• jenmongjenmong member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2013
    My best friend's got married Sept 28th at larkfield manor..The food, the service, the decor was all beyond impeccable!!!!! What a beautiful place!! I know it hard to decide but I think this venue is a great place to get marry..
  • I just booked Larkfield.  It is beautiful!  Our date is 7/18/13.  You can't make a bad choice with those two options.
  • We are getting married at Carlyle on the Green, good luck planning!! :)
  • I got married at Larkfield on 9/15/13 and here is my review I wrote about them. I still can't get over my wedding and how upset I am at them. There is so much more I wanted to write but ran out of room.
    Very disappointed in LArkfield Manor. The day of our wedding 09/15/13 I found out they had booked another wedding when I was in the lobby of Larkfield taking my photos and the other wedding guest started walking in and I was rushed out of the lobby from taking my photographs. When we moved to the outside the other wedding vendors were cutting thru my pictures. The worst part about the whole day was during our ceremony outside at Larkfield when we were doing a moment of silence for my deceased mother and my grooms grandfathers we heard the other wedding party music blasting so thats all you heard during my ceremony and was picked up on my video as well. We were advised prior to singing by Pete that we would be the only wedding that was not true. When my guest arrived my guest book was not put out in the lobby where my guest could see it and sign it so i have no signatures in my guest book. Also my guest seating cards where not out yet either. During the ceremony the unity candle went out and neither the maitre’ de or the bridal attendent was around we had to stop and ask one of our guest for a lighter. There was so many other mishaps that night of our wedding I dont have enough room here to write them up. Make sure everything is in writing with them and I would not suggest holding your ceremony there or wedding if more then one party is there that day Also we were advised by Pete and Harry that our vendors and kids are ½ price our contract did not indicate after a min neither did they say that. So You will be paying full price for vendors and kids. Larkfield renovations came out amazing and I was so excited about our wedding and my guest said food was good but I can never have my wedding ceremony given back to me and things like my guest book. They did give me a $600 check back for the ceremony fee but $600 will never make up for ruining the most important day and they were not appologetic in thier response back to my complaints at all. Totally disappointed.
  • mtrixie12 said:
    I got married at Larkfield on 9/15/13 and here is my review I wrote about them. I still can't get over my wedding and how upset I am at them. There is so much more I wanted to write but ran out of room. Very disappointed in LArkfield Manor. The day of our wedding 09/15/13 I found out they had booked another wedding when I was in the lobby of Larkfield taking my photos and the other wedding guest started walking in and I was rushed out of the lobby from taking my photographs. When we moved to the outside the other wedding vendors were cutting thru my pictures. The worst part about the whole day was during our ceremony outside at Larkfield when we were doing a moment of silence for my deceased mother and my grooms grandfathers we heard the other wedding party music blasting so thats all you heard during my ceremony and was picked up on my video as well. We were advised prior to singing by Pete that we would be the only wedding that was not true. When my guest arrived my guest book was not put out in the lobby where my guest could see it and sign it so i have no signatures in my guest book. Also my guest seating cards where not out yet either. During the ceremony the unity candle went out and neither the maitre’ de or the bridal attendent was around we had to stop and ask one of our guest for a lighter. There was so many other mishaps that night of our wedding I dont have enough room here to write them up. Make sure everything is in writing with them and I would not suggest holding your ceremony there or wedding if more then one party is there that day Also we were advised by Pete and Harry that our vendors and kids are ½ price our contract did not indicate after a min neither did they say that. So You will be paying full price for vendors and kids. Larkfield renovations came out amazing and I was so excited about our wedding and my guest said food was good but I can never have my wedding ceremony given back to me and things like my guest book. They did give me a $600 check back for the ceremony fee but $600 will never make up for ruining the most important day and they were not appologetic in thier response back to my complaints at all. Totally disappointed.
    I heard this from another bride on another li weddings forum.  Definitely be aware of the ceremony problems like hearing the DJ/band from the other party.  If  you're not having your ceremony there I guess it wouldn't be an issue, but I haven't heard great raves about other parts of their days either.
  • It wasnt the ceremony there was a lot of other issues especially the week of the wedding. They gave me the wrong amount for the final parnt amount and we had to pay another $1800 . I'm still so upset about everything they did and don't want someone else to go thru it on one of their happiest days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards