Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Destination Wedding Stationary Timeline

Hello all, another question :)

Our wedding will be a destination wedding for all of our guests, who will have to travel abroad to meet the other family "in the middle". This will require a great deal of planning on everyone's part, so I was wondering what is the very earliest you could receive save-the-dates, invitations, and RSVP deadlines for a wedding overseas without side eyeing it. Wedding is Labor Day Weekend 2014, if that helps.

Thanks very much!

Re: Destination Wedding Stationary Timeline

• Options
    kelceya said:
    Hello all, another question :)

Our wedding will be a destination wedding for all of our guests, who will have to travel abroad to meet the other family "in the middle". This will require a great deal of planning on everyone's part, so I was wondering what is the very earliest you could receive save-the-dates, invitations, and RSVP deadlines for a wedding overseas without side eyeing it. Wedding is Labor Day Weekend 2014, if that helps.

Thanks very much!
    STDs: 1 year
    Invitations: 8 weeks
    RSVP deadline: 1 month before the wedding

• Options
    I'd just like to throw out there that you need to be prepared for a high decline rate. Labor day is a crazy expensive weekend to travel. 
  • Options
    I'd just like to throw out there that you need to be prepared for a high decline rate. Labor day is a crazy expensive weekend to travel. 
    This.  And typically a lot of people like to do their own thing on holiday weekends and many families actually plan vacations far in advance for that weekend.

• Options
    Thanks very much for the advice, and for thinking of this! Unfortunately our STDs aren't out yet, but we have circulated the date a bit via word of mouth, and they should make it in the mail next week. We are prepared for a high decline rate, there's simply no way around it short of having two wedding celebrations on either side of the Atlantic. But the good news is that they don't celebrate Labor Day on the same day over here, so holiday weekend prices are not too much of an issue :)
  • Options
    ...of course as soon as I post this, the venue has a conflict with our date and we end up moving it to the 17th. Really hoping we can get those STDs out next week, and that we're not running too far behind!
  • Options
    We are doing a DW where everyone has to travel. Our wedding is Nov 14th 2014, we have ordered our STD's and they will be going out in November. We will send invites maybe 8-12 weeks out with RSVP being 4 weeks out
  • Options

I would get those STD's out ASAP...otherwise everyone else is right, invites at the 8 week mark, and RSVP at the 4 week mark. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards