May 2014 Weddings

Bridesmaid Dresses!!!!

My MOH, cousin, mom, and I went looking at bridesmaid dresses.  I tried doing it online but the models are 90lbs with no curves so it's hard to tell what the dresses will look like in real life lol.

Anyway, this is what we decided on:
Bill Levkoff style 163 in watermelon.

Has anyone else decided on dresses??  I wanna see!!!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses!!!!

• Love the color!  My girls are each picking out their own dresses, in gray.  They are different age's personalities and I know they have completely different styles.  I'd rather them all be comfortable with what they are wearing.  I did tell them i want them to all be long or short...depending on what we find that they all like.
  • Very pretty dresses. I wish we had BM dresses already. One of my BM's is pregnant and due early January so we are waiting until after she has the baby to go shopping.
  • Loooove! I only have a MOH (my sister) and I'm trying desperately to convince her that a one-shoulder dress is the way to go. She's super petite (5'1", maybe 100 lbs) and I think she's worried that a higher/wider neckline -- ie: anything but strapless/sweetheart -- will swallow her up, but I adore them.

• Agreed, the color is great!  I picked out and my girls all agreed on the Twist Wrap Dress from Dessy (http://www.dessy.com/dresses/twist-short/?colorid=1200#.UlTDHGXD_IU).....I'm in love with the idea of the convertible dress this way everyone can choose the style that fits them best or that they like but there' a unifying overall look with the color & fabric.  We are going with the estate blue color.  We went to he store to have my girls try it on to make sure it was comfortable (the fabric made me and some of them a lil worried bout being a bit "see-through" meaning you could see panty lines and any body issues we want to hide lol) and it was like the sisterhood of the traveling pants - the store only had a size small, and all of my girls of different heights, weights and shapes fit into this one small dress perfectly and beautifully!! And no panty lines show!!!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 I love those dresses!!!!

We wore Dessy last summer for FSIL wedding.  And she had us wear pink dresses.  So I was a little disappointed that their color pallet didn't change at all because I love their dresses.  Thankfully Bill Levkoff came to the rescue.

My girls are all different shapes and sizes yet have huge boobs.  3 of my girls are new moms who are still self conscious due to baby weight.  So it was a little challenging to find something to compliment everyone.  This dress did just that.  The band at the natural waist makes everyone look slim.  Boobies are covered so no one is spilling out of their dress (I was worried about that for church).  Mission accomplished!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love Bill Levkoff dresses! I have my girls in navy chiffon, knee-length.....then whatever style they choose.  They've just finished ordering their dresses, so I'll have style #154, 156, 726, and 765 standing up there with me. I think they're all going to look great!

@FutureMrsN - Style 163 is gorgeous! Bill Levkoff dresses seem to fit great, I'm sure you won't have a problem with that one.

• @ark155

Those are some nice dresses!!! I gave my girls the option to pick whatever they want but they thought it was just easier for me to pick for them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just have a MOH, my best friend.  And I know she likes the dresses that hit her just at the knee, which is okay with me, I didn't want her in a long formal dress.  And the dress had to be dark purple.  That was my only requirement was the color.  So she just found her dress on modcloth.com.  She sent me a photo (we live 2200 miles away from each other) via her phone, I told her I love the color and the style and that she had my blessing to get it :D   http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/beguiling-beauty-dress-in-purple
    Anniversary
  • @kristen625 - I love the dresses on Mod Cloth!! And that purple is my favorite shade lol!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just picked a dress for my MOH! My sister decided on a pink dress from Two Birds (one of those convertible/infinity dresses), and it turns out that our sister-in-law already owns that exact dress in that colour and offered to let my sis borrow it! :)

• @artteacher23 I haven't personally purchased anything from them, but I have looked at their dresses and I do find them to be totally adorable!  I was thinking of possibly getting my rehearsal dress from them :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards