Louisiana-New Orleans

What is your budget?

I was wondering what people's budgets were and what you were getting for that amount.  I'm trying to gage whether I have been making good investments on my wedding vendors so far.  

Re: What is your budget?

• Ooh, good topic.  I would love to see how other brides are budgeting

My budget is $15,000 for 85-100 guests before tax and gratuity  

Ceremony - I don't know what to do yet but I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a 20 minute ceremony. Possibly something small and private on the balcony at Muriel's.  Ugh I've been having such a hard time finding this near jackson Square (JS is booked on my day except for too early in the day)

Reception - $8,500 - $10,000 Muriels, we are getting the medium liquor package (premium but not super premium), reception style plus shrimp crepe action station and hand passed hors d' oeudvres

Flowers/Decorations - $1000 Another area I don't mind skimping on 

DJ - $650

Second Line (for after the reception to the after party location)- $1000 + $300 for permit

Photography - $2,300

Hair and Makeup - $175
  • This thread is old but I want to say - it seems like no one just wants to come right out and talk about budget!! It's helpful to know how other people proportion things.

My budget is 22K for wedding and we'd LIKE to get our honeymoon in there too.

Pharmacy Museum for ceremony + reception - $1600

Catering from Michael's Catering, 3 hr open bar, rentals (tables, chairs, linens), tax, grat - ~$7000

Dress with alterations - $2200

Flowers - trying to get it done for $1500

Second line - ?? seems the going rate is $1300-1500

Hair + makeup - friend is doing it for free

DJ - DIY iphone playlist and friends speakers! yay free!

DIY invites - $300

groom suit - $500

salon and spa or me and my sis - $500

hotel room $250

photog - ??

that's where we are at so far, but we have a lot of little details that will come into play I'm sure. I'd love to see how others are dividing their budget up!

• Mine is about 60k for 250 people.
    Dress-1400 (alterations included)
    Church=1100
    Pictures-4500
    Flowers-2500 (i have 9 bridesmaids)
    Reception including mid grade alcohol and cake and grooms cake and our hotel room- 45,000
    Mixed Nuts- 5,000
  • Who did your flowers? 2500 for nine bridemaids seems really reasonable.
  • Impressionable design she is in Marrero. She did BEAUTIFUL flowers. She made a bouquet for my bridals. I have succulents and all. 
  • Oh my gosh I have been wanting succulents in my bouquets! weird you mentioned that! thanks for the info.
  • Those are what she did
  • Beautiful! Love the color scheme and the succulent!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards