Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Morning!

Morning all,
  Well, my bad day yesterday went from bad to worse.  I missed that meeting, the plumber cost most then we thought, and my tire was flat.  I took it back to Sears and there is a HUGE nail in it.  They can't fix it, but since I just bought them they'll give me a new one for half price.  That's fine.  Well, they will either get the tire in tomorrow or NEXT THURSDAY!  I can't wait 8 days to use my car!  SO it wasn't good.
  Today I plan on walking to the library and hanging out there for a while.  I'm reading Huck FInn for my IRL book club, and The Virgin Suicides for The Nest book club. I might try to finish my vacation scrapbook so I can start my wedding one.
  HOpe everyone has a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Morning!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!!
    I had a good night last night. Came home from work and went to the gym for the first time in a LONG TIME! Needless to say, it was pretty difficult! I have asthma so it's pretty hard for me to breathe at times - esp since I haven't worked out in a while... I guess I need to build up my endurance!! After our workout, FI and I made dinner then ran to the grocery store, grabbed an iced latte from Dunkin' Donuts, and got some gas from Wawa! We then went home and I plopped my but in front of the TV to watch SYTYCD! Love that show!!

ETA: Just wanted to add in that NEXT WEEK I'll be on my way to the Bahamas for our annual girls trip!! I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Heather - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! SO sorry you had such a crappy day!! :( Hopefully they'll get your tire in soon! Enjoy the library today! 
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! After my event last night I just went home and had dinner with DF and finally caught up on some shows. Today I get to home straight from work and I'm excited that I get to clean! I put stuffed banana peppers in the crock pot this morning, so dinner will be ready when I get home. Everything else is business as usual today...

Heather- that really sucks! I'm so sorry you had such a bad day! Hopefully they get your tire today for you!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Gianna- I finally watched the Bachelorette! I freaking hate Frank and I am happy to see him go. I haven't liked him from the beginning, I always thought he was hiding something. Also, why did he pack two suit cases for Tahiti when he was going there to break up with her and leave? What a creep! I'm so excited that Roberto and Chris are the final two! I really can't even pick between the two of them, I could totally see her picking both. Do you have a fav?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Almost Friday!  This week seems to have flown by!  I finally purchased all of the items for me "Day of Wedding Kit" for all of the BMs.  Best deal of the day-- Five Below (a new store where items are <$5) had an 8 pack of Colgate Wisps for $5! Yay! ahah

Heather- :( Sorry to hear about your day yesterday.  Today is a new day and it will be much better then yesterday!
    G- I've not been to the gym in FOREVER, that is my fear at this point that I will look pathetic when I go back! ahah
    Ros-I love crock-pot dinners - so nice to not have to think about it! BTW, how are your invites coming along? You are a week behind me, we are getting close!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011

G-Where in the Bahamas do you go?  I also love SYTYCD-last night was so good!  And your not late on the B-day wishes-my birthday isn't until the 29th, we just have 4 July birthdays in the family so we celebrate in the middle:-)
    Trish-Cleaning can be surprisingly fun (this officially means we're adults you know).  DH and I cleaned for 3 hours yesterday and it made me quite happy.  Stuffed peppers in the crockpot are one of my favs!

Meg-Sounds like you are on the ball as usual:-)  When do your invites go out?  I love those Colgate Wisps, they were a lifesaver on the long plane ride to Hawaii!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone. Last night was my fitting and it didnt go so well. The dress looks good, just needs some minor alterations, but I had an AWFUL experience there and my viel is allllll messed up they have to order a new one in. I'm nervous because I'm 58 days from the wedding and the first one took forever to come in. Oh yeah and when they dyed my shoes they stretched and now dont stay on my feet. I may write a separate post to vent later but I'm trying to forget about it for now. I was just overall really disappointed because every other experience in that store has been wonderful but they really dropped the ball yesterday.

To add to my aggravation, my invite list is due TODAY so that invites can go out Saturday, and my mother isn't done (even though I asked her about 3 weeks ago). Lastly, we are started to plan who is riding in what cars for the bachlorette party (going out of town in a month), and my future SIL and MIL refuse to drive so guess who is stuck taking them? Yours truly.

Wow I'm sorry I'm usually not so crabby on here but I'm just getting frustrated. Wedding is getting very close and the little stresses are starting to creep in. I promise I'll be more cheerful tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jamie- It's ok to vent sometimes!  What happend with your veil?  Let us know if we can help you find a new one!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning All,

A girl in my office got engaged last night, so we are all a flutter! I am just sitting at my desk now, and have been here since 8:30. Yesterday, our server went down so we got to go home at 4:00 (yay!) I stopped by the farmers market and headed home. Each day, I say I'm going to work out when I get home, but by the time I walk from the subway to my house, I am soo hot and the thought of working out and getting sweatier sounds awful. Ugh, I need to get my butt in gear!

H- I am so sorry about your crappy day yesterday!! I hope your tire gets here tomorrow and things get back to normal!
    GMC- good for you for going to the gym!!
    Duq- what all is in your wedding kit?
    Jamie- I'm sorry your fitting didn't go well! At least the dress looks great! That's the most important!!

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Hello ladies! Last night was finally a relaxing night. We have made our photographer decision (Ed Coll with Skys the Limit!) but are just waiting to talk it over w. my parents. Not exactly a convo i'm looking forward to though. Oh well. Tonight is a busy night. FI and I both have happy hrs for work and then are going to the Pirate game! We both work on the North Shore so its easy for us to just go to the game, except one of us now has to go home over lunch to take care of our pup since we won't be home before the game starts.
    Heather - I'm sooo sorry to hear about your crappy day yesterday. Sometimes I'd rather have crappy things all happen in one day, at least the rest of the days of your week aren't ruined! About a month after I bought my car a few years ago, I got a nail in my tire. I found a place that would plug it for me, even though they aren't allowed to do that. I think it was Mr. Tire. Hopefully Sears will be able to get you your tire asap!
    Gianna - hope you aren't too sore from your workout yesterday! Its been a few months since I've been into my exercise routine. I need to jump back into it!
    Ross - I love my crock pot - nothing is better than coming home to a great home cooked meal that I dont have to slave over after work! I've never tried stuffed peppers, but that is def something FI would love. may need to give it a shot!
    Duq - thats awesome that you've finished your day of wedding kits! I need to check out that 5 below store.
    JamieK - sorry to hear about your fitting not going so well and your invite list still being incomplete. Hopefully both issues will work themselves out quickly!!
    jlax - I love days when you get to go home early! And i agree about the hot weather. It's so hard to get my butt in gear to work out when its soo hot and sticky out!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks..I think the store is going to fix the veil..at lesat they better! They said they would call the company today and ask about getting length added. It was a full 2 FEET short! But my mom just called me with her addresses so I feel better now : )
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ros - I TOTALLY agree! I can't stand Frank! I bet the show made him pack his things but it was still ridiculous!! I also agree about Chris and Roberto! I LOVE them both! Haha! Roberto is unbelievably sexy! lol - but I think I like Chris best! They just seem so great together! I think she's infatuated w/ Roberto right now but long term, I feel like Chris is the one! I would be happy to have either though! CAN'T wait to see what happens!! I feel like she's going to pick Roberto in the end though...

Meg - YAY for getting your kits finished! Isn't 5 below a fun store?!? We have them all over the place here!

Heather - Sorry I'm jumping the gun on your bday! lol! I thought you said the 22nd last week when I asked! Plus it's my older brothers bday today and I guess I'm just 'birthday happy' lol! We're going to Nassau! Well, actually Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island! It's my FAVORITE! My mom and I do a girls trip every year there and I'm super excited!! Who is your favorite on SYTYCD?! I can't pick! lol But I like Lauren and Kent... oh... and Robert too :)

JamieK - sorry to hear about your bad fitting! I hope they are able to get everything resolved!

Jamie - YAY for getting out early yesterday! That's always a welcomed surprise!! I hear you on the working out thing... I absolutely HATE working out! lol... but I just keep telling myself that the wedding is getting closer and closer by the day! lol

dp - Enjoy the game tonight!! And congrats on picking the photog! Great check! Why are you nervous to tell your parents??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    G-Totally don't have a favorite, I like them all on there!  I LOVE Atlantis-now I am super jealous you are going!
    Jamie K-That totally sucks about your veil!  I'd be really mad.  I hope you dress fitting goes better next time!
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Meg- I have been procrastinating to the extreme to get going on my invitations, even though they need to be in the mail in 3 weeks (thumps head on desk) and I need to get the envelopes to the calligrapher in 2 weeks (double head thump) I am waiting on another example sheet from Cards and Pockets. My invitation matting color was way off, so as soon as that comes in I can actually order my pocketfolds, invitation matting, and belly bands. I have begun to print and cut the inserts, which I think takes the longest. I have the sample pocketfold, so I am able to cut everything. I am just doing that on white cardstock from JoAnn's. My printer gets temperamental with printing things that are not legal paper size.

Gianna- I think I might agree with you about Chris. I think I will feel more awful for him if he gets the boot rather than Roberto. Either one of them will make a great Bachelor though!

Heather- Isn't it sad that we get exciting about cleaning? I also get excited to wash curtains. I am officially my grandmother!

Jamie- I am SO  sorry about your fitting! What are you going to do about the shoes? You totally have the right to vent! It may make you feel better!

Danille- they are super easy, let me know if you want recipes!
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Gianna - I'm nervous for our photographer convo because every wedding convo thus far with my parents has not been easy. Im the first of my brothers and sister to get married so i'm breaking mom and dad into this whole wedding process! And my parents haven't been straight forward AT ALL with their expectations surrounding cost, even though I have asked serveral times, and given them lots of information (excel spreadsheets!!) of what my expectations concerning costs and what my FI and I  thought the breakdown of responsibility could be. While my parents (and FI's parents!) have both expressed that they plan to help, neither set of parents will tells us how much they want to help.  As much as I love my dad(which is lots!), communication with him has never been easy for my siblings and I. I just get really nervous and then nothing I plan to say comes out right. Most often, when tackling tough subjects with him, I end up in tears...

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    danielle - I'm sorry to hear this! Many vibes for you that your conversation goes well!!!

trisha - I also agree there! EITHER would make a great bachelor!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards