New York-Hudson Valley

Flower & Centerpiece Cost?

I am trying to decide if I will DIY my centerpieces using manzanita and willow branches, or if I will go with a more traditional floral arrangement.  Can someone give me an idea of the cost of floral centerpieces (both low and tall - I prefer tall) in this area?  I do not live in NY but will be getting married in Westchester and choosing a local florist if I use real flowers.  Since it is hard to get prices over the phone, and I don't want to meet with a ton of florists that are far away, I'd really love some input from brides who have already gone through this. 

I'd also like some help gauging bouquet costs. My hope is to actually do a brooch bouquet and have each bridesmaid carry a single orange rose (my colors are orange and silver). Thanks so much!

Re: Flower & Centerpiece Cost?

• good thread.
    I too need an idea of how much it cost.
  • I can tell you that I have visited 1 florist so far and my for: 1 bridal bouquet, 5 b'maids, 8 bout. for guys, 10 tall flower centerpieces, and 9 CANDLE arrangements for the alternating tables was $6,000. The falls were $250. My bouquet was $200 and the maids were each $100. (I forget the details of the rest) I'll keep you posted as I keep looking! I've heard that Westchester Floral Design is great and will work with your budget (that's not who I went to, my wedding is an hour outside Westchester) 
  • I have figured out my centerpiece and did a mock up over the weekend.  I'm totally obsessed with it!  I'm also torn if I will DIY or have a florist do it.  I'm planning to use flowers that are in season for fall - Dahlias, Mums & these Lily type flowers, not sure of the name.  Hopefully that will lower the cost.  My friend is helping me along because she is super crafty & is a stay at home mom, so has the flexibility to call florists.  One quote she got from a florist in Middletown (I'm getting married at the Foutains at Wallkill) was about $30 per table.  The florist she spoke to said that labor will significantly increase the price.  For all the vases, candle holders & glass plates we are planning to supply ourselves it would be about $1,200.  My venue supplies votive candles, as many as I'd like to go around the centerpieces.  I still plan to use a florist to put together the bouquets, boutonnieres & corsages.  A florist is the last vendor I need, and feel like I need a lot of time to make calls & appointments.  
  • I used Rosemary's florist out of Wappingers falls. I did short centerpieces but they were very full and were $60 (to my understanding it is normal for them to be $100 or more) my bouquet was $95. My girls bouquets was $50. For my centerpieces, bouquets, wrist corsages, bouts,... It was $1,000. And it did not look cheap or small. She's a little spacey but she does amazing work and doesn't overcharge when she hears its for a wedding.
  • Wappingers Falls is about an hour from our venue.  I'm not sure if that's local enough.  I'll look into it though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards