Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Trying not to hurt feelings...

Hello...  We're getting married June 7th, 2014 and aready have about 30 people flying in from out of state but only have room for about 1/2 of them to stay with Family.  How do I tell the others that they will need to find accomodations without hurting feelings? Thank you in advance!

Re: Trying not to hurt feelings...

• Options
    What Banana said.  It's up to your guests to find their own accommodations.  So if some are super organized and have already made arrangements to stay with family the others will just have to book hotel rooms.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Hello...  We're getting married June 7th, 2014 and aready have about 30 people flying in from out of state but only have room for about 1/2 of them to stay with Family.  How do I tell the others that they will need to find accomodations without hurting feelings? Thank you in advance!

I had the exact same problem. We just invited people to stay with us (in circles) and didn't invite the others. It took a few months of finagling but it worked out.

Anniversary

• Options
    I would never assume I could stay with family when traveling. If someone offered, great, but I would always assume I needed to find my own accommodations. I would probably decline the offer anyway b/c I hate staying with people.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Agreed- reserve a block of rooms at 1 or 2 hotels (ideally two, at different price points) for OOT guests. Have family share this info "Oh that's great you and Aunt Sally will be coming! Jane and Joe reserved a block of hotel rooms at X". Or, this info can also be put on a wedding website.

I would hope guests wouldn't assume they can stay with someone... I also hope guests haven't been told that an accommodation will be found for them, unless someone in your family is fully offering it. 
  • Options

block rooms at hotels for them to buy. They usually give discounts for block rooms.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Reserve a hotel block where they can book rooms.
  • Options
    Your wedding is not an obligation. If they can't afford to get a hotel room, they don't have to come to the wedding. They're not bad people if they can't make it, but you're not responsible for finding free accommodations for every guest.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    pp's already gave great advise, I just wanted to say hooray for June 7th!  I was married June 7th, 2013--good date choice :)

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards