Chit Chat
Options

Dentist!!!

So today is one of my favorite days of the year... My dentist appointment. I look forward to these bi-yearly appointments like a hair appointment, only with more anticipation because they only happen once a year. I absolutely love going to the dentist and the feeling of those "just cleaned" teeth! A lot of people think I'm crazy, but I love it. Surely I can't be the only one who loves the dentist this much, right?

Re: Dentist!!!

• Options
    Actually, you are not! Hygiene appointments are like going to the spa for your mouth! I love it!
  • Options
    I loathe the dentist. 
  • Options
    I love it, too. Of course, my hygienist is really nice to chat with and my dentist is kind of a babe. At least, dentist-wise. 
  • Options
    I hate the dentist.  I brush and floss twice a day, every day and when I go to the dentist my hygienist tells me I need to floss more.  Um, really?

Also, my hygienist will want to have a full blown conversation with me and ask me questions that aren't yes and no so she has to stop cleaning my teeth each time she asks me something.  Just clean my damn teeth I don't want to be here all day!

Oh and x-rays.  Gag!  I hate getting those suckers done.  Between the thing they stick in your mouth and the girl shoving her fingers down my throat it is all I can do not to gag and vomit.  Each time she asks "Are you okay?" since I just sit there and breathe deeply so as to not gag and vomit, I want to scream "Just take the damn picture!"

• Options
    I love my dentist.  It'll suck when he retires. 
  • Options
    not a fan of the dentist-- i like getting my teeth cleaned and all, but when my dentist tried telling me 6 weeks before my wedding I NEEDED my wisdom teeth (like he wanted to send me to the oral surgeon that day) out now or could possibly suffer tooth pain on my wedding day I wanted to punch him in the face.  Ignored that advise and guess what--no issues and I still have my wisdom teeth.  His reasoning-- I was 30 and that is too old to have your wisdom teeth--WTF?  How about they are impacted or I am at least complaining they hurt or have discomfort?  No oral surgery for me until necessary!  If I did not like my dental hygienist so much I would have switched dentists.

Anniversary
  • Options
    not a fan of the dentist-- i like getting my teeth cleaned and all, but when my dentist tried telling me 6 weeks before my wedding I NEEDED my wisdom teeth (like he wanted to send me to the oral surgeon that day) out now or could possibly suffer tooth pain on my wedding day I wanted to punch him in the face.  Ignored that advise and guess what--no issues and I still have my wisdom teeth.  His reasoning-- I was 30 and that is too old to have your wisdom teeth--WTF?  How about they are impacted or I am at least complaining they hurt or have discomfort?  No oral surgery for me until necessary!  If I did not like my dental hygienist so much I would have switched dentists.
    yeah, that would have me seriously suspicious. Does HE do the oral surgery or was he recommending you to a colleague?? I don't blame you! No oral surgery unless necessary. That shit is for the birds, lol.
  • Options
    katieg520 said:
    yeah, that would have me seriously suspicious. Does HE do the oral surgery or was he recommending you to a colleague?? I don't blame you! No oral surgery unless necessary. That shit is for the birds, lol.
    I got my two bottom teeth out a year ago because they were bothering me. Every time I go in he talks about getting my top ones out. NOPE. Unless they start to bother me..they are not coming out..they aren't even exposed or rubbing against my molars. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards