Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Invitation enclosures

Hi,

I've just started thinking about invitations (getting married on August 28), and I'm trying to figure out the various components. Obviously I'll need the actual invitation and the RSVP card, but I know some people also include a sheet with directions/map and a sheet with hotel info.  Do you think this is necessary?  I have a website with all of that information (and tons more!), so I'd rather not worry about making additional inserts.  I will have the address on the invitation, so people can map it.   Do you think that's okay?  Anything else I'm missing?

Thank you all so much for your help!  I'm not on the boards as much as I'd like because I can't always check it at work, but I truly appreciate all the help I've gotten from here!

Julia
Wedding Countdown Ticker
218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
RSVP Date 7/30/2010

Re: Invitation enclosures

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julia,

Will you have a lot of out of town guests who will need hotel accommodations?  If so, you might want to put a note or list in with the invitations.

I would definitely put a card in about directions - some of your guests probably won't be internet savvy.

Usually you also make a reception card - if your reception is at some place other than the ceremony site.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on 8.28 too! I'm only doing maps and an accommodation card for the guests that are from out of town. The rest (a majority) are local and will receive a reception and rsvp card.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips!  Most of our guests will be from out-of-town, since we live in Atlanta and only my family lives in Pittsburgh.  But most guests will be staying at the Holiday Inn across the street from the PAA (where both our ceremony and reception are), so I was thinking they wouldn't need maps.  I guess I will inclue maps/hotel info just in case, though - there's always a chance they haven't visited our website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't rely solely on the website. A friend of mine did that when she got married and for whatever reason everytime we and a few other of our mutual friends tried to get on to get directions and hotel information the website was down. We ended up having to call her repeatedly to get the information since she was impossible to get ahold of. At least for the OOT guests I would definitely include it, especially if there's a possibility that some of your guests are older or aren't internet-savvy. Directions from the turnpike and the airport to the hotel might also be helpful, especially for people that don't have a GPS. You don't have to do anything fancy. I found a website that we did our map on, if you want it, PM me and I'll try to dig it out.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
      We are from out of town ourselves as well as about 75% of our guests.  I am including the RSVP card and directions card in EVERYONE's invitation.  I am then putting in a small card with hotel information in all of the OOT guests invitations.  My invites only came with 2 enclosure cards, so what I did was find a pretty cardstock that matched my invite paper and just printed out the hotel info on those.  No big deal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most of your guests will never look at your website. I would include as much information as you can.
    I had 90% from OOT and included directions, map, accommodations, hotel info, reception, RSVP and invitation. Everyone was fully informed and we had no issues with the out of towners.

If the hotel is that close to the reception, you might also want to include informationon restaurants within walking distance and things to do in the area (the museums perhaps?). Your guests will be in town for two days and might want something to do.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I'm sort of from the opposite school of thought- I think it's a waste of paper to include a lot of that stuff, BUT I also know that 95% of my guests are internet savvy and wouldn't use the map/directions from the invitation anyway.  We're also having shuttles for all OOT guests from the hotels, to the ceremony, to the reception, and back. 

We're having four pieces in our invitation suite: the invitation itself, the response card and envelope, a small reception card with the name, address, and times, and one more sheet that briefly lists the name/address of our blocked hotels as well as our website link and a sentence letting guests know that shuttles will be provided from the hotels.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    White it's nice, I don't think it's 100% necessary. What did people do before the internet anyways?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards