New Jersey

my bridesmaids refuse to wear the dresses...

I fell in LOVE with a dress for my bridesmaids...everyone i showed was obsessed!!!!!!! went to try them on and people in the store stopped them saying how gorgeous there all looked. My girls said no way and wont wear them. I understand they are spending money on the dress but Ive been in wedding and had to wear dresses that I hated and I kept my mouth shut. What do I do?!?!?!?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: my bridesmaids refuse to wear the dresses...

• The same thing happened to me (wore a dress i had ZERO input on), which is exactly why I think you need to take their feelings into consideration. Knowing how much it sucked for you, why would you want to subject them to the same (ie, make them 'wear a dress they hate and keep their mouths shut')?

Have you talked budget with your girls? It is a possibility they may have an issue with price if you guys haven't discussed. Just a thought.

Because of my experience of being dictated to on what to wear as far as dress and shoes, without consideration of budget or comfort, I am most certaintly working with my bridesmaids to come together to make these decisions.

Good luck.
  • thank you! They all picked out a dress that was the same price of the other one....its just not my style
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am letting my bridesmaids pick the dress they will wear.  I am dictating color and that is it.  I've been a bridesmaid too many times where I've had to wear ugly dresses.  I don't want my friends to be unhappy or be upset with me for forcing them to wear a dress they don't like.  I want them to look good and to wear something they like and feel comfortable in.  They have to wear it not me.

I would let them pick dresses they like and are comfortable in, or compromise on something else.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards