Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vibes Request- House!

Hi ladies,
We have had quite the rollercoaster ride with our house search. Our realtor is so terrible~ She messes everything up- every piece of paperwork has errors, every piece of information she has she twists before she tells it to us, on and on... We've lost sleep, contemplated calling off of work because we were so upset about everything, and we are NOT people who do either one of those things--ever! (And, I've been so stressed I haven't even had much time to lurk on The Knot!) Anyway, we don't want to drop her because we are scared she'll sue us or something, and she let us in the house that we ended up putting an offer on.  I'm basically our realtor now. 

Anyway, we have to close by next week, or everything might fall through. We have been having some trouble with the mortgage, and obviously with our realtor.  Any vibes you could send our way would be fantastic!!!!

(On the plus side, we have Pre-Cana this weekend, and because I am a dork, I am SUPER excited about it!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vibes Request- House!

• edited December 2011
    Good luck!  I hope all goes well for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Best of luck!  Hopefully things go smoothly (as at all possible) with the closing and you can get back to "important" things like knotting Tongue out

DF and I are doing our pre-cana classes this month and have actually really enjoyed them.  So you're not a dork for looking forward to them! 

Vibes!!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Good house vibes for you! I know nothing about house hunting, except that it seems pretty stressful and complicated. I hope everything works out for you. Is there any way you can complain about this realtor afterwards, once it's all said and done?
  • AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. Yes, I think my fiance is going to write a little note to people higher than her manager.  Next time, we'll do a better job finding an agent. We met her the day after we got engaged. She asked if my ring was 2 carats. It is most definitely NOT 2 carats. I think she won my fiance over with that one..... Lessons learned!

DuqCheer- We met with Fr. Ray last weekend.  :)   It was great.
    We JUST did our Foccus test online today! It was definitely easier to answer some of those questions now that we've been through this house fiasco and realize how much of a team we have to be!

Good luck with your search!  When is your deadline to hear back on your offer?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is absolutely terrible.. I know you are pretty far in the game, but let me know if you want a realtor rec, we have a fantastic realator!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sending vibes your way.  I'm sorry your house hunt has been so stressful!  I don't know anything about buying a house, but did you sign some kind of contract with your realtor?  Are there ways listed in there to legally terminate the relationship?  I hope everything works out with the house you love!

Have fun at pre cana, too.  I was not looking forward to ours but was pleasantly surprised and we both had a great time :)  That foccus test, however, I found pretty weeeeeeird.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    oh- many many vibes coming your way! We also had an absolutely terrible realtor. But we couldn't legally get out of using her. It was an awful situation. But its over now- Thank God.  Oh yeah- I I totally found our house- without her help.  She was such a waste of life.
  • AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE  signed the broker-buyer contract, but she forgot to (evidence of the problems we are having), so I guess legally we could have gotten out of it. She'd made us sign one before, though, so we thought maybe she DID remember to sign that one. I know she has an obligation to represent us well  too, so we probably could get out due to lack of representation...At least we learned a lot.

Thanks Ros, but we are in Philly.

Marburs- I'm sorry this happened to you too!!! I get sick thinking about the commission she is going to get.

LaFemme- I actually enjoyed it! I told you I am a dork!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards