Missouri-St Louis

Ceremony and Reception Site?

Anyone have suggestions for a ceremony/reception site for about 75 people? 

Re: Ceremony and Reception Site?

• edited December 2011
    What area?  And what price range?
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I'm open to any area within the St. Louis area (St. Charles - Jefferson County).  I'd like to keep total costs for the ceremony/reception (food and drinks) at about $5,550- $6,000.
  • edited December 2011
    That's a great budget for that range.

What do you want in a site?  I think you have a lot of options.  
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend Riverbend Chapel at Caroline Vineyards in Washington, MO. Very reasonable and very affordable! Work with you in planning stages of your wedding and a day-of wedding coordinator to make sure everything goes well. Toni is the general manager and she is very helpful and has been a wonderful person to bounce ideas off of as well!

Here is the contact info: 4247 Old Highway 100
    Washington, MO 63090-5714
    (636) 390-8600
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked into Riverbend, however, they will only allow a reservation for 95 people.

I'm looking for a venue that is a little unique and something with some old world character.  For example, I was looking at 9th Street Abbey, The Conservatory, the Jewel Box, etc.

Anyone have any other suggestions for a ceremony/reception combo?
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the World's Fair Pavillion. It's gorgeous and you would be able to do both a ceremony and recpetion there since it is so big. They also allow a variety of caterers that fit a range of budgets. The Jewel Box is where my ceremony will be and it is very pretty, but kind of pricey. It is $900 to rent it and you are only allowed an hour and a half to get in and get out.
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Try the Mahler Ballroom in the CWE. They can do both the reception and the ceremony and you supply your own caterer so you can be sure that the food is in your price point. It's kind of nice because you get the whole space. It's not too far from the Hotel Indigo which is seriously my personal favorite chain (people can even bring their dogs and leave them in those rooms if they have to).
    It's a charming little space; I almost went there.

Another option is the The Roberts Mayfair Hotel, a Wyndham Historic Hotel downtown. They have their menus online.

(sorry! I don't know too much about the county). You could look into Kemp Auto Museum if you want something truely unique... but it's huge and I think it's probably over that budget (I know it was over ours, though I never found out by how much, but we have a larger party, so you'd have to double check).
  • edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation of the Mayfair.  We got married at the Orpheum and everything was simply fabulous. 

Decor is turn of the century-pre-1917.

With less than 100 people you'll be able to have a dance floor and everything in the ballroom.  It is free with the catering cost, so you'll have plenty of money for a ceremony site you love.  Have you considered doing the sculpture garden downtown off of Keiner Plaza?  I'd be a quick walk, or for fun you could also have a trolley or something take everyone over.

Another thought is the Thaxton Speak Easy.  There's space for a ceremony and reception there, and it is really cool inside.  My best friend nearly chose that as her wedding location, and I know they were wonderful while working with her.  
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I completely agree with the Thaxton - it has fabulous charm and is a really unique venue in St. Louis. I would also look into The Trolley Room at the Visitor's Center in Forest Park. My brother had his reception there, 85 people, and it was very comfortable, there was plenty of space and was absolutely beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Another option in St. Charles is the The Grand Opera House on Main Street.

http://www.ohbanquets.com/

It is the most unique venue I have seen in St. Charles. I would have had booked it for my reception but it can't hold my guest list of 200 people.
  • edited December 2011
    I am forever biased towards the 9th Street Abbey.  Best day of my life (so far :)
    We had 150 guests, and it was pretty cozy, so I think 75 is a good number--plenty of room to breathe.  Keep us posted!
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your help ladies!  I really appreciate it.

In the event that a combination ceremony/reception doens't work out...anyone have any small chapel-like churches near St. Louis City?  Since I'm not having a huge wedding...I'd like something more intimate and everything I find seems to be too big.
  • edited December 2011
    I recently stumbled across the Lalumondiere Mill & Rivergarden in House Springs.  It's a very unique outdoor venue where you can do ceremony and reception.  You can get any caterer you want (which is a huge + for me) and the biggest $$ saver - you can stock your own bar and have a friend or friend of a friend tend bar.  I haven't seen it in person, but the pictures look wonderful!  The only downside is no inclement weather backup - only some areas are covered.  Worth checking out though!

Has anyone seen or been to this venue before?
  • edited December 2011
    There are lots of pretty wineries just a little way out of town.

Stone Hill Winery is pretty but there lots to choose from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards