Massachusetts-Boston

Hair and Makeup

Hi, 

My wedding is in early November, and I am trying to finalize my hair and makeup for the day.  I am looking for someone to come to the hotel in downtown Boston on a Sunday morning to help the bride, mother of the bride and brides maids get ready.  

I have had one trial with Gina Joubert and did not love the style. 

I have been trying to set up a trial with Caitlin Murphy but not much luck getting a response.

Does anyone else have any great recommendations?

Re: Hair and Makeup

• edited December 2011
    I worked with Special Event Beauty. They were awesome to work with. I also had a trial with Charlotte Phinney.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Sam at Girly Junk- she's great!
  • HockeyFan4HockeyFan4 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a trial scheduled for next week with Blushing Brides.

http://blushingbridesboston.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I had a trial w/Special Event Beauty and will be using them for my September wedding...they get a lot of good reviews on theknot.com and they go to your house, hotel, etc
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually using Special Event Beauty for my hair only. They will break thier services for you if already have a make-up person (which is what happened with me). I'm using Tara from tadayourself.com for make-up. Both are really excellent. I booked SEB through  a wedding show where they did a quick hairstyle and make-up on me. It was great and if I hadn't already booked Tara I probably would have used them for both. They used airbrush on me that day and Tara is using regular make-up which I prefer. Both are excellent choices! Good luck!!
    "I got married in 1968 and EVERYONE only had 1 photographer, I don't know where all this nonsense came from. Who wants two flashes popping all night anyway? and really as long as they get you dancing, kissing, and throwing the bouquet the rest is just fluff." - My mom
  • lindquistx33lindquistx33 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Christine Hale with the look image group she does the airbrush makeup for $75!!!! and her work is amazing!! and her hairstylist are so good creating the perfect look, and they only charge 75$ too so for 150$ you get hair and makeup and they travel to you!!!

Give her a call 508-243-6564
    c.halethelook@yahoo.com (email)
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Girly Junk for makeup.  Loved working with them!

http://www.girlyjunk.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Maya from Eye 4 Beauty.  She did my hair & makeup for my sister's wedding this past weekend and it came out great! 
  • edited December 2011
    Loved Special events. Using Rachel for hair and Noelle for make-up. They have been great to work with and can't wait for them to help me on my wedding day.
  • edited December 2011
    I used SEB for my June 10 wedding loved them...well loved Noel.
    Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011
  • nikkibelnikkibel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Blushing Brides - Grace did an AMAZING job on my hair/makeup trial. I am so excited :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards